• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, February 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home WORLD

US-Russia negotiations on Ukraine likely to continue but nothing yet planned: Kremlin

AP/ PTI by AP/ PTI
March 25, 2025
in WORLD
A A
0
US slaps fresh sanctions on Russian spies for meddling in 2016 election, nerve agent use
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Moscow:  Further contacts between US and Russian officials on achieving a proposed ceasefire in Ukraine are likely to follow a round of talks Monday, a Kremlin official said on Tuesday, but no concrete plans have yet been made.

The American and Russian negotiators held talks throughout the day on Monday in the capital of Saudi Arabia to hammer out details on a partial pause in the 3-year-old war in Ukraine, a day after US officials held separate talks in Riyadh with a team from Kyiv.

More News

India’s permanent contribution to agenda of world community is of enormous importance for us: Guterres

Jaishankar reiterates India’s support for UNSC reform during meeting with G7 counterparts in Germany

  Trump okays bill that could impose high tariffs on China, India for buying Russian oil: Senator

Load More

It has been a struggle to reach even a limited, 30-day ceasefire — which Moscow and Kyiv agreed to in principle last week — with both sides continuing to attack each other with drones and missiles and disagreement over what kinds of targets would be included in a pause on strikes.

On Tuesday, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters that the the outcome of the talks in Riyadh “has been reported in the capitals” and was currently being “analyzed” by Moscow and Washington, but that the Kremlin has no plans to release any details of what was discussed to the public.

“We’re talking about technical negotiations, negotiations with immersion in details,” Peskov said, adding that while there are currently no plans for US President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin to speak, such a conversation could be quickly organised if the need arises.

“There is an understanding that the contacts will continue, but there is nothing concrete at the moment,” Peskov said. He added that that there are no plans to hold a three-way meeting between Russia, the US and Ukraine.

Moscow and Kyiv have taken differing interpretations of what a possible partial ceasefire would look like, even after Trump spoke with the leaders of both countries to advance a pause.

While the White House said a partial ceasefire would include ending attacks on “energy and infrastructure”, the Kremlin declared that the agreement referred more narrowly to “energy infrastructure”.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has said he would also like to see sites like railways and ports protected.

Senior Russian lawmaker Grigory Karasin, who took part in the Russia-US talks in Riyadh on Monday, told Russian state news agency RIA Novosti that the conversation was “very interesting, difficult, but quite constructive”.

“We were at it all day from morning until late at night,” Karasin was quoted by the agency as saying on Tuesday.

Speaking about the war in Ukraine, Karasin said Moscow’s and Washington’s positions don’t always align, but that the two parties will continue to look for ways to cooperate, as there is now an understanding that cooperation is necessary to resolve the conflict.

The lawmaker added that talks between expert groups from Russia and the US could continue.

The number of people injured Monday in a Russian missile strike on the centre of the Ukrainian city of Sumy rose to 101 people including 23 children, according to the Sumy regional administration.

The strike on Sumy, across the border from Russia’s Kursk region which was partially occupied by Ukraine since August, hit residential buildings and a school, which had to be evacuated due to the attack.

Meanwhile, Russian forces launched one ballistic missile and 139 long-range strike and decoy drones into Ukraine overnight, according to the Ukrainian air force. Those attacks affected seven regions of Ukraine.

Two people were injured after drone debris fell on a warehouse in the Poltava region, administration head Volodymyr Kohut wrote on Telegram Tuesday, while two people were injured outside the city of Zaporizhzhia, according to the head of the region.

One man suffered injuries after a Russian drone attack in Kherson, city administration head Roman Mrochko wrote on Telegram Tuesday.

Previous Post

UK imposes sanctions on three former Sri Lankan military commanders for rights abuse

Next Post

Kalyan Banerjee calls Union Minister Shivraj Chouhan ‘dalal’, BJP demands apology

AP/ PTI

AP/ PTI

Related Posts

India’s permanent contribution to agenda of world community is of enormous importance for us: Guterres

UN says violence against children in conflict reached extreme levels in 2023, including in Gaza
February 17, 2026

United Nations:  India's permanent contribution to the agenda of the international community and that of the UN is of "enormous...

Read moreDetails

Jaishankar reiterates India’s support for UNSC reform during meeting with G7 counterparts in Germany

Those enjoying benefits of permanent membership clearly not in hurry to see UN reforms: Jaishankar
February 14, 2026

Munich: External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Saturday met his counterparts from the G7 countries as he reiterated India’s support...

Read moreDetails

  Trump okays bill that could impose high tariffs on China, India for buying Russian oil: Senator

Sweeping Trump tariffs draw dismay, calls for talks from countries around globe
January 8, 2026

New York/Washington:  US President Donald Trump has "greenlit" a sanctions bill that could impose 500 per cent tariffs on countries...

Read moreDetails

We are all thinking of you: New York City Mayor Mamdani writes a note for activist Umar Khalid

NC & PDP hail Zohran Mamdani’s victory in New York City mayoral poll
January 2, 2026

New York: New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani has written a note for activist Umar Khalid, recalling his words on...

Read moreDetails

Trump signs into law defence policy bill backing deeper engagement with India including via Quad

Sweeping Trump tariffs draw dismay, calls for talks from countries around globe
December 19, 2025

New York/Washington:  US President Donald Trump has signed into law an annual defence policy bill that highlights broadening America's engagement...

Read moreDetails

Bangladesh’s interim govt urges India to extradite Sheikh Hasina, her aide

Ahead of polls, Hasina announces to build 560 model mosques, Islamic university in B’desh
November 17, 2025

Dhaka: Bangladesh's interim government on Monday urged India to immediately extradite deposed prime minister Sheikh Hasina and her former home...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Waqf meet: Day’s suspension for TMC’s Kalyan Banerjee after he smashes bottle, hurls it towards chairman

Kalyan Banerjee calls Union Minister Shivraj Chouhan 'dalal', BJP demands apology

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.