• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, February 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Cummins, Hazlewood in Australia CT squad despite injury concerns; Marsh also included

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
January 13, 2025
in SPORTS
A A
0
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Sydney: Pat Cummins was on Monday named captain of Australia for next month’s Champions Trophy while fellow pacer Josh Hazlewood too was included in the squad despite lingering injury concerns surrounding both players.

Cummins was managing an ankle injury throughout the recent Border-Gavaskar Trophy against India, which played a part in him missing the upcoming tour to Sri Lanka along with the pacer wanting to stay back at home to welcome his second baby.

More News

Bennett, Raza power Zimbabwe to 6-wicket win over Sri Lanka

  West Indies brush aside Italy by 42 runs to sign off group stage on high note

India need to tackle top-order predictability and finger spin struggles going into Super8s

Load More

“I don’t really have any more information than what I shared when we announced the Test squad (for Sri Lanka series) a few days ago,” said Chair of Selectors George Bailey.

“I believe he’s had the scan, I have no idea what the scan said. But we want to give him a little bit of space at the back end of the Border-Gavaskar; obviously baby pending.

“We’ll work through that with Pat and obviously the selection panel and the medical team … but I know he’s very keen,” he added.

Hazlewood, side lined from the Melbourne and Sydney Tests due to a calf niggle, was similarly not picked for the Sri Lanka series but has been named in the preliminary 15-player Champions Trophy squad.

Under ICC guidelines, Australia needed to name a squad by Monday, but can change it for injuries at any time before the tournament starts.

The Aussies, a two-time winners in the event and the reigning ODI world champions, also picked all-rounder Mitchell Marsh, who was dropped for the fifth Test at SCG against India after mediocre outings in the first four matches.

“This is a balanced and experienced squad with the core having been involved in the previous one-day World Cup, the West Indies series, last year’s successful tour of the UK and the more recent Pakistan home series,” Bailey said.

“It offers a variety of options for touring management depending on opposition and the conditions that may present in Pakistan,” he added.

The squad will assemble, prepare and play a one-off ODI against Sri Lanka following the Test series before heading to Pakistan for the group stage matches of the ICC showpiece.

Australia gave prominence to all-rounders in the squad selection as Matthew Short and Aaron Hardie were drafted in ahead of out-of-form Jake-Fraser McGurk.

Adam Zampa is the lone specialist spinner in the squad. He will be supported by part-timers Short and Glenn Maxwell.

Pacer Nathan Ellis has also earned a berth after leading Hobart Hurricanes into the Big Bash League final as there were three changes to the squad that did duty in last year’s ODI World Cup in India.

David Warner retired from international cricket and Cameron Green is recuperating from a back surgery, while pacer Sean Abbott was not considered.

Australia have been drawn in Group B alongside Afghanistan, England and South Africa, and their round robin matches will be played at Lahore and Rawalpindi.

Australia squad: Pat Cummins (c), Alex Carey, Nathan Ellis, Aaron Hardie, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Matthew Short, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, Adam Zampa.

Previous Post

SA include Ngidi, Nortje in CT squad after pacers’ recovery from injuries

Next Post

India Open: Spotlight on Satwik-Chirag as jumbo Indian contingent aims to end two-year title drought

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Bennett, Raza power Zimbabwe to 6-wicket win over Sri Lanka

Bennett, Raza power Zimbabwe to 6-wicket win over Sri Lanka
February 19, 2026

Colombo:  Brian Bennett’s measured fifty and Sikandar Raza’s raw power propelled Zimbabwe to a facile six-wicket win over a fancied...

Read moreDetails

  West Indies brush aside Italy by 42 runs to sign off group stage on high note

Hetmyer fifty, Shepherd five-for power Windies to easy win over Scotland
February 19, 2026

Kolkata: Skipper Shai Hope's second consecutive fifty and a disciplined performance by bowlers powered West Indies to a comfortable 42-run...

Read moreDetails

India need to tackle top-order predictability and finger spin struggles going into Super8s

February 19, 2026

Ahmedabad:  India's assistant coach Ryan ten Doeschate has acknowledged two pressing issues facing the team heading into the Super 8s...

Read moreDetails

J&K enters maiden Ranji Trophy final; Bengal left stunned

J&K enters maiden Ranji Trophy final; Bengal left stunned
February 19, 2026

Kalyani (West Bengal):  Sixty-seven years after their maiden appearance, Jammu and Kashmir stormed into the Ranji Trophy finals for the...

Read moreDetails

Cricket tests you far more than it rewards you: J&K skipper Paras Dogra

Cricket tests you far more than it rewards you: J&K skipper Paras Dogra
February 19, 2026

Kalyani (West Bengal):  With nine emotive words, Jammu and Kashmir's inspirational captain Paras Dogra encapsulated his 24-year grind, which also...

Read moreDetails

J&K LG, CM congratulate cricket team after historic entry into Ranji Trophy final

February 19, 2026

Jammu: Lt Governor Manoj Sinha joined the CM Omar Abdullah and PDP president Mehbooba Mufti in congratulating the Paras Dogra-led...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
India Open: Spotlight on Satwik-Chirag as jumbo Indian contingent aims to end two-year title drought

India Open: Spotlight on Satwik-Chirag as jumbo Indian contingent aims to end two-year title drought

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.