• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, February 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Glaring irregularities detected in recruitment test of Fire & Emergency Services

KI News by KI News
January 3, 2025
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
ACB
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: An investigation by the Anti- Corruption Bureau (ACB) has revealed that 109 candidates secured less marks than what was the cutoff mark for the job test in the Fire & Emergency Services Department in 2020, but were still selected for the job.

The anti-graft body also found that five siblings (real brothers) from Budgam district, along with relatives of officials from the Fire and Emergency Services (F&ES) Department and candidates from the same localities, also figured in the select list.

More News

PM Modi pitches for democratisation of AI, presents MANAV vision at Impact Summit

PM Modi committed to return of Kashmir Pandits with dignity: LG Sinha

J&K Assembly passes grants for departments under CM after a two-day debate

Load More

In an official handout, the ACB said that a manual review of the OMR sheets vis-a-vis answer keys revealed discrepancies in the selection process.

“Out of 690 selected candidates, 109 were found to have secured lower marks than the cutoff mark, but were selected by showing them to have secured higher marks in the final selection list than the marks they had actually secured. For instance, candidates actually securing 11, 17, 24 marks were shown to have secured 90 marks each in the final selection list,” it said.

The ACB said it found that five real brothers from district Budgam also figured in the select list and that there were many more such instances besides the selection of some relatives of officials of F&ES Department. The instances of the selected candidates belonging to the same localities have also surfaced during the course of enquiry.

The probe revealed that the question papers were found beyond the comprehension of candidates who have studied upto 8th standard which was the required minimum qualification.

The probe also revealed favouritism in selection of the firm for conducting the job test.

“It surfaced that favoritism was shown in awarding a contract to L-2 Firm, M/s LMES IT LLP, which had no proven experience of conducting similar exercise as mandated in the e-NIT by sidelining the L-1 bidder. Further, the bid of L-2 was accepted by the Departmental Recruitment Board knowing that L-2 was a newly formed firm in November 2017 and Maharaj Krishan Wali (main partner with 99 percent share) was the same person who had earlier remained as resource person with M/s Timing Technology (P) Ltd. As per CVC guidelines /circular/order, the negotiation shall be held with L-1 only and there should be re-tendering in case L-1 bidder backs out, but the guideline/order was not complied with in this case,” the probe found.

In 2019, Hyderabad-based M/s Timing Technologies India Pvt. Ltd was selected to conduct the physical test/written examination for F&ES Department. The resource person of M/s Timing Technologies India Pvt. Ltd was Maharaj Krishan Wali.

Following allegations of mass copying etc. in the written test, the then government cancelled the written examination and ordered the written examination afresh.

The ACB found the then members of Departmental Recruitment Board, members of Technical Committee, Officers/Officials of F&ES Department, who remained associated with the recruitment process, being in league with each other as well as with M/S LMES IT LLP through its main partner Maharaj Krishan Wali (L-2 bidder), abused their official positions for extraneous considerations whereby they awarded work of TRP in favor of L-2 bidder by ignoring L-1 bidder in an illegal and unjustified manner, and then also manipulated the selection list by preparing fake/fabricated record in order to confer undue benefits upon themselves and the beneficiaries.

“The aforementioned facts constitute commission of offences punishable under sections 7, 13(1) (a) & 13 (2) of PC Act 1988 (as Amended in 2018) and 120-B, 420, 467, 468 & 471 IPC, against the members of Departmental Recruitment Board, including the Chairmen, Members of the Technical Committee, officers/officials of F&ES department, who remained associated with the recruitment process, M/S LMES IT LLP through its main partner Maharaj Krishan Wali, beneficiaries & others. Consequently, a case FIR No 01/2025 was registered in Police Station ACB Central,” reads the ACB statement.

Previous Post

J&K Medical Council directs doctors to prominently highlight their registration numbers

Next Post

Fresh snowfall in Kashmir pushes up minimum temperature

KI News

KI News

Kashmir Images is an English language daily newspaper published from Srinagar (J&K), India. The newspaper is one of the largest circulated English dailies of Kashmir and its hard copies reach every nook and corner of Kashmir Valley besides Jammu and Ladakh region.

Related Posts

PM Modi pitches for democratisation of AI, presents MANAV vision at Impact Summit

PM Modi pitches for democratisation of AI, presents MANAV vision at Impact Summit
February 20, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday strongly pitched for democratising artificial intelligence, and said some countries believe that...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi committed to return of Kashmir Pandits with dignity: LG Sinha

PM Modi committed to return of Kashmir Pandits with dignity: LG Sinha
February 20, 2026

Jammu: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Thursday said that the return of the Kashmiri Pandit community to the valley, with...

Read moreDetails

J&K Assembly passes grants for departments under CM after a two-day debate

J&K Assembly passes grants for departments under CM after a two-day debate
February 20, 2026

JAMMU: The Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly today passed grants amounting to ₹61,575.88 lakh for the General Administration Department (GAD),...

Read moreDetails

CM pledges regularisation of daily-wagers in 2026

Omar calls for minority status to Mata Vaishno Devi medical college to resume its operation
February 20, 2026

Jammu, Feb 19: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday said the government will initiate the process of regularising daily-rated, ad-hoc...

Read moreDetails

Action against big sharks first, others later: CM Abdullah on land encroachment

Omar Abdullah presents Rs 1.27 lakh cr budget, announces welfare/development measures to boost economy
February 20, 2026

Jammu: Taking a firm stand against encroachment on government land, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday assured action in the...

Read moreDetails

CM pitches for separate department to study climate change

31 Jammu colonies regularised, further process stayed by HC: CM
February 20, 2026

Jammu: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday called for the formation of a specific department which will study climate change...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Snow turns Tangmarg vicinities into white…

Fresh snowfall in Kashmir pushes up minimum temperature

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.