Jammu: Shashi Abrol, one of the seven people killed in a terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir’s Ganderbal district, was cremated in a sombre ceremony here on Tuesday, with Deputy Chief Minister Surinder Kumar Choudhary and Minister for Agriculture Production, Javed Ahmed Dar besides MP Jugal Kishore in attendance.
“Our family has been shattered. We want a job to support our family,” his wife, Ruchi Abrol, told reporters. She also asked for help with their children’s education.
“I have come here to express my condolences to the family and share their grief. The government will do everything possible to provide relief to the family,” the deputy chief minister said.
Shashi Abrol, an architectural designer, was one of the seven employees of APCO Infratech who were killed when terrorists attacked a tunnel construction site on the Srinagar-Leh National Highway on Sunday.
Unidentified terrorists carried out the attack after the construction company staff had returned to their camp late in the evening in Gund in Ganderbal. Abrol had been working for the construction company in Sonamarg for six years.
The Deputy Chief Minister and Javed Ahmed Dar also met with the father and other family members of the deceased and assured them all support from the J&K government. They said that all their grievances would be addressed on a priority basis. They also assured the bereaved family that the issue of providing compensation to them would be taken up with the concerned authorities.
While speaking with the media persons, the Deputy Chief Minister said that the government is committed to preventing these types of incidents besides focusing on maintaining peace and brotherhood in the region.