• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, August 31, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

NIA chargesheets 10th accused in Jammu drone arms dropping case

KI News by KI News
May 15, 2024
in Latest News
A A
0
NIA arrests racketeer over seizure of fake currency, gold at IGI airport
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency has chargesheeted one more accused in the case involving delivery of arms and ammunition from across the border in 2022 via drones by Lashkar-e-Taiba.

In a statement, issued to the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), a spokesperson said that Zakir Hussain is the 10th accused against whom charges have been filed in the case RC-6/2022/NIA/JMU by NIA.

Related posts

PM Modi inaugurating incomplete projects for votes: JKPCC

HC issues notices to 23 more ‘encroachers’ of Shah Kul

August 31, 2025
Rain, snow and thunderstorms in J&K till April 20; ‘Dry weather expected from April 22’

Possibility of heavy rains predicted in Jammu region on Sunday; flash floods, landslides warned

August 31, 2025

The statement reads that 9 other accused were previously chargesheeted under various sections of IPC, UA (P) Act, Arms Act and Explosive Substances Act.

“Zakir Hussain was supporting and assisting the operatives of LeT in collecting and delivering the arms and ammunition consignments dropped by the drone coming from the Pakistan side,” it reads.

It added that the case was originally registered by Rajbagh police in Kathua district of Jammu on 29th May 2022 after a drone (hexacopter) was intercepted and recovered with several rounds of Under Barrel Grenade Launcher (UBGL) and magnetic bombs near Dhalli area. NIA took over the case on 30th July 2022.

“Among the accused chargesheeted by NIA one is Faisal Muneer, identified as the main handler of the overground worker (OGW) network active in the border area villages of Kathua, Jammu. Faisal Muneer was working under the directions of designated terrorist Sajjad Gul of the proscribed LeT terror outfit.

The statement added that further investigations in the case are going on—(KNO)

Previous Post

Ready to contest Assembly polls if Centre revokes ban imposed on us: Panel head Jamaat-e-Islami Kashmir

Next Post

Not necessary to make arrest in all GST cases, says SC

KI News

KI News

Kashmir Images is an English language daily newspaper published from Srinagar (J&K), India. The newspaper is one of the largest circulated English dailies of Kashmir and its hard copies reach every nook and corner of Kashmir Valley besides Jammu and Ladakh region.

Next Post

Not necessary to make arrest in all GST cases, says SC

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ePaper

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.