• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, August 29, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

SIA Kashmir files charge-sheet against 12 in Pandit ATM guard’s killing case

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
January 21, 2024
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Journalist among 10 charge-sheeted in terror case
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: The State Investigation Agency (SIA), Kashmir, has filed a charge-sheet against 12 accused in connection with the murder of a Kashmiri Pandit ATM guard in February last year, officials said on Saturday.

Sanjay Sharma was shot dead at Achhan Pulwama in south Kashmir on February 26, 2023, with officials saying the investigation hints at a broader conspiracy “from across the border”.

Related posts

Water starts receding in Jhelum, flood threat eases, BUT…

Water starts receding in Jhelum, flood threat eases, BUT…

August 29, 2025
   Two killings/deaths in J&K, people want answers

4 more bodies found as post-flood rescue work continues in Jammu

August 29, 2025

“The SIA Kashmir has filed a comprehensive charge-sheet against 12 individuals in connection with the brutal murder of Kashmiri Pandit Sanjay Sharma. The case, initially registered at Police Station Litter Pulwama under FIR No. 14/2023, was later transferred to the SIA Kashmir for specialised investigation,” an official said.

The charge-sheet has been filed before the Special Designated Court under the NIA (National Investigation Agency) Act at Pulwama.

The accused include Pakistan-resident Khalid Kamran; Shopian-residents Jazim Farooq Wani alias Abrar, Shameem Ahmad Bhat alias Uncle, Danish Ahmad Thokar, and Ubaid Ahmad Paddar; Anantnag-residents Zaffar Hussain Bhat alias Khursheed Kashmiri, Nassir Farooq Shah, Aamir Hussain Wani, Towseef Ahmad Pandith, Sajjad Ahmad Bhat alias Afnan Bhat and Sahil Bashir Dar; and Kulgam-resident Sarjeel Ahmad Bhat.

While investigation continues into the role of Yasir Shabir Wani, eight out of the 13 accused, including three juveniles, are currently under judicial custody, the officials said.

Jazim Farooq Wani, Thokar, and Paddar have been killed in encounters with security forces.

Zaffar Hussain Bhat alias Khursheed Kashmiri and Khalid Kamran are absconding, they added.

“The aim of the accused was to disrupt the revival of peace and communal harmony in the valley, using the murder of an innocent person from the minority community to fuel communal disharmony and sustain terrorism,” said the official quoted above.

The SIA Kashmir conducted extensive searches across south Kashmir, unearthing vital physical and technical evidence.

“This evidence exposed the accused persons’ involvement in the crime, including providing logistical support, harbouring the accused, and concealing evidence. During the investigation, the SIA conducted five rounds of extensive searches at 32 locations across the valley, during which evidence in the shape of mobile devices, incriminating documents viz bank documents and a pistol magazine and live cartridges were seized,” he said.

The investigation revealed that the accused were acting on instructions from terror handlers across the border and maintaining communication via encrypted online messaging platforms, the officials said.

They said Jazim Farooq Wani, who pulled the trigger, received weapon handling training from Nassir Farooq Shah on the directives of Pakistani handler Khalid Kamran.

The investigation will continue and the SIA is committed to ensure all the accused who have been a part of the crime in any way are brought to justice, the officials said. (With inputs from PTI)

Previous Post

Police files charge-sheet in NIA Court in Srinagar in arms seizure case

Next Post

AC authorises JKPTCL to take up projects worth Rs 1190 Cr through TBCB route

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Next Post
LG calls for strengthening industry-academia connect, building new partnership with corporates

AC authorises JKPTCL to take up projects worth Rs 1190 Cr through TBCB route

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ePaper

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.