• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, August 29, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

War against terrorism not fully over: DGP

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
November 28, 2023
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
War against terrorism not fully over: DGP
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: The war against terrorism in Jammu and Kashmir is not fully over yet and security forces may be suffering losses, but will not back down from the fight, the Union Territory’s Director General of Police R R Swain said here on Monday.

Swain was talking to reporters after paying obeisance at Srinagar’s Chatipadshai Gurdwara on the occasion of Gurpurab. The holy place is located at Rainawari in downtown Srinagar, an area once dominated by various terror groups.

Related posts

Water starts receding in Jhelum, flood threat eases, BUT…

Water starts receding in Jhelum, flood threat eases, BUT…

August 29, 2025
   Two killings/deaths in J&K, people want answers

4 more bodies found as post-flood rescue work continues in Jammu

August 29, 2025

“As I have said before, this war is not over yet completely. The war will only end when one side acknowledges that there is no benefit in it and it will not take them anywhere other than bloodshed,” Swain said and expressed hope that the misguided youngsters of the valley will shun the path of violence and join the national mainstream.

Referring to the recent killings of five Army personnel, including two officers, in the Rajouri area of the Jammu region, the police chief said “as far as the fight on our side is concerned, it is right that there has been loss and we have to move forward bearing this loss”.

Having said that, he added that “we cannot go back from this war. But what we can do is ensure minimum loss to the public. And as a fighting force, we will try to minimise the loss (to the security forces)”.

The DGP, however, reiterated that they will not back away from any challenge.

Last week, five Army personnel, including two captains, were killed in an operation in Rajouri. Two militants, including an Afghanistan-trained commander, were also gunned down in the operation. Initially, it was mentioned that the slain ultras belonged to proscribed terror outfit Lashker-e-Taiba but later, they turned out to be from Jaish-e-Mohammed.

Swain was also asked about reports of increased attempts of infiltration from across the border. “With snowfall, the infiltration will decrease at some places and increase at some places. It is a matter of strategy and cannot be discussed in public,” the police chief said.

Previous Post

Minimum temperature goes up at most places in Kashmir

Next Post

AC approves transfer of land for public purposes

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Next Post
J&K to get more BIJLI

AC approves transfer of land for public purposes

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ePaper

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.