• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, February 22, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Eastern Ladakh row: India, China discuss proposal for disengagement in remaining friction points

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
February 23, 2023
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
China harps on ‘package solution’ for India’s bid to become UNSC permanent member
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: India and China on Wednesday held diplomatic talks in Beijing and discussed proposals for disengagement in the remaining friction points along the LAC in eastern Ladakh in an “open and constructive manner”, but there was no indication of any breakthrough.

During the meeting held under the WMCC framework, the two sides agreed to hold the 18th round of military talks at an early date to achieve the objective in accordance with the existing bilateral agreements and protocols, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said.

More News

Srinagar, Gulmarg record highest ever day temp in Feb

Vice President to visit Srinagar for KU convocation on Feb 26

NMC approves 24 super-speciality PG seats for Jammu, Srinagar GMCs, SKIMS

Load More

The Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination on India-China Border Affairs (WMCC) was established in 2012 as an institutional mechanism for consultation and coordination for the maintenance of peace and tranquillity in the border areas.

“The two sides reviewed the situation along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the Western Sector of India-China border areas and discussed proposals for disengagement in the remaining areas in an open and constructive manner, which would help in the restoration of peace and tranquillity along the LAC in Western Sector and create conditions for the restoration of normalcy in bilateral relations,” the MEA said.

“To achieve this objective in accordance with the existing bilateral agreements and protocols, they agreed to hold the next (18th) round of the Senior Commanders meeting at an early date,” it said in a statement.

The MEA said the two sides agreed to continue discussions through military and diplomatic channels.

“The 26th meeting of the WMCC was held on 22 February 2023 in person in Beijing. This was the first WMCC meeting since the 14th meeting held in July 2019, to be held in person,” it said.

The Joint Secretary (East Asia) from the Ministry of External Affairs led the Indian delegation. The Chinese delegation was led by the Director General of the Boundary and Oceanic Affairs Department of the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

The 17th round of military talks was held on December 20 but there was no indication of any forward movement in the resolution of the remaining issues.

A joint statement released after the talks had said that both sides exchanged views in an “open and constructive” manner to resolve the “relevant issues” and described the talks as “frank and in-depth”.

The WMCC meeting in Beijing came a week before the G20 foreign ministers’ meeting in Delhi. Chinese foreign minister Qin Gang is expected to attend the meeting on March 1 and 2.

In line with a decision taken at the 16th round of military talks, the two sides carried out disengagement from Patrolling Point 15 in the Gogra-Hotsprings area in September last year.

India has been maintaining that its ties with China cannot be normal unless there is peace in the border areas. The eastern Ladakh border standoff erupted on May 5, 2020, following a violent clash in the Pangong lake area.

The ties between the two countries nosedived significantly following the fierce clash in the Galwan Valley in June 2020 that marked the most serious military conflict between the two sides in decades.

As a result of a series of military and diplomatic talks, the two sides completed the disengagement process in 2021 on the north and south banks of the Pangong lake and in the Gogra area.

 

Previous Post

275 stranded passengers airlifted between J&K and Ladakh

Next Post

Army changes recruitment rules in pursuit of right mix of brain and brawn

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Srinagar, Gulmarg record highest ever day temp in Feb

Amid forecasts of wet weather, cold conditions intensify in Kashmir
February 22, 2026

Srinagar: As the weather patterns continue to throw surprises, Srinagar and Gulmarg on Saturday recorded an all-time highest day temperature...

Read moreDetails

Vice President to visit Srinagar for KU convocation on Feb 26

Vice President to visit Srinagar for KU convocation on Feb 26
February 22, 2026

Srinagar: Vice President C P Radhakrishnan will visit Kashmir next week on his maiden visit to the valley after assuming...

Read moreDetails

NMC approves 24 super-speciality PG seats for Jammu, Srinagar GMCs, SKIMS

NMC withdraws permission for Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Medical College; students to be shifted to other institutes
February 22, 2026

Jammu: In a significant development, the National Medical Commission (NMC) has approved 24 new super-speciality postgraduate (PG) seats in Government...

Read moreDetails

Shantmanu sworn in as J&K SEC

LG Sinha administers oath to Shantmanu as J&K State Election Commissioner
February 22, 2026

Jammu: Former bureaucrat Shantmanu, who was on Saturday was sworn in as the State Election Commissioner of Jammu and Kashmir...

Read moreDetails

J&K govt shattered dreams of youth by outsourcing 23,000 jobs: LoP Sunil Sharma

Anti-BJP rhetoric part of Abdullah’s election toolkit to befool Kashmiris: LoP Sunil Sharma
February 22, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has "shattered" the dreams of unemployed youth in the Union territory by "outsourcing" around...

Read moreDetails

Another witness identifies Malik, Pahloo in 1990 IAF attack case

Yasin Malik virtually appears in Delhi HC in terror funding case
February 22, 2026

Jammu: Another eyewitness on Saturday identified Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief Yasin Malik and Mohammad Rafiq Pahloo alias "Nanaji"...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Indian Army extends assistance to stranded civilians

Army changes recruitment rules in pursuit of right mix of brain and brawn

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.