• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, August 29, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

3 more houses damaged due to ‘sinking’ of land in Ramban, 16 families shifted so far

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
February 21, 2023
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
3 more houses damaged due to ‘sinking’ of land in Ramban, 16 families shifted so far

Locals look at the debris of houses swept away by mudslides in Rezan area of Ganderbal. Photo/Javed Khan

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Ramban/Ganderbal: Three more residential houses and a 33-kV power transmission line were damaged due to “sinking” of land in the hilly DuksarDalwa village in Jammu and Kashmir’s Ramban district, officials said on Monday.

A team of Geological Survey of India (GSI) is visiting the village on Tuesday to ascertain the reasons for the sudden “sinking” of land, which has so far rendered 16 families homeless besides damaging a 500-metre stretch of now closed Sangaldan-Gool road, the officials said.

Related posts

Water starts receding in Jhelum, flood threat eases, BUT…

Water starts receding in Jhelum, flood threat eases, BUT…

August 29, 2025
   Two killings/deaths in J&K, people want answers

4 more bodies found as post-flood rescue work continues in Jammu

August 29, 2025

Ramban Deputy Commissioner Mussarat Islam visited the village and interacted with the affected families, assuring them of every possible help from the administration in their rehabilitation.

He directed the Gool Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Tanveer-ul-Majeed Wani, to process relief cases of damaged houses on war-footing under SDRF to provide assistance to victims in the shortest possible time.

Islam said a total of 16 affected families have been shifted to safer places, besides providing tents, blankets and utensils to them.

The land sinking in the village started on Friday and so far 16 houses were damaged, with three of them developing cracks on the intervening night of Sunday and Monday.

The GSI experts are scheduled to arrive at Duksar on Tuesday to ascertain the reasons behind the sinking of land, the officials said, adding the electricity supply to a dozen panchayats in Gool was snapped following damage to the 33-kV power transmission line passing through the village.

The deputy commissioner also inspected the Dharam-Salballa road to use it as a temporary alternate route for regulating essential services and supplies to Gool and directed the Public Works Department to make the road traffic worthy.

He also passed the directions to officers concerned for the restoration of power and water supply in affected areas, the officials said, adding directions were given for quick relaying of the 33 KV network so that power supply to Gool is restored.

Meanwhile, at least 10 houses, several shops and four cowsheds were damaged after a landslide struck the Rezan area of Sonamarg in central Kashmir’s Ganderbal district last night.

An official told KNO that the landslide triggered by continuous rains caused “massive” damage in the area.

He said the landslide continued till 4 am and at least 10 houses, several shops and a cowshed have been damaged.

Meanwhile, Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Kangan Javaid Ahmad Rather told KNO that no casualties were reported in the incident.

“As soon as the landslide occurred, a rescue operation was launched and civilians were shifted to safer places,” he said, adding that the operation continued overnight and they have started it again to remove the debris.

All assistance is being provided to the affected people, while rescue and relief teams are on the job, the SDM said.

Meanwhile, Deputy Commissioner Ganderbal Shyambir along with SSP Nikhil Borker visited the spot and took stock of the situation.

The DC while talking to reporters said that the landslide has caused “huge damage”. He said the families have been shifted to safer places and the work on the national highway will be started. “The traffic will be restored after the completion of the work,” he added.

Locals look at the debris of houses swept away by mudslides in Rezan area of Ganderbal. Photo/Javed Khan
Previous Post

Dog bites on rise in Srinagar; SMC ropes in Rajasthan agency for sterilisation of canines

Next Post

LG inaugurates 3-day north zone youth festival ‘KSHITIJ’ to promote Sanskrit

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Next Post
Rapid growth, welfare of “aam aadmi” is at the centre of Budget 2023-24: LG

LG inaugurates 3-day north zone youth festival ‘KSHITIJ’ to promote Sanskrit

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ePaper

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.