• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, February 23, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Restrictions in Srinagar parts to prevent Muharram processions

KI News by KI News
August 7, 2022
in Latest News
A A
0
Shutdown paralyses normal life in Kashmir
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: Authorities have placed restrictions in several parts of Srinagar to prevent Muharram mourners from taking out processions on 8th day of the Islamic calendar on Sunday.

Official sources told GNS that police and paramilitary forces have been deployed in large numbers in Lal Chowk and adjoining areas including Maisuma, MA Road and Dalgate as well in downtown areas including Bota Kadal, Alamragri Bazar and Hawal. The security establishment has placed coils of concertina wires and stationed mobile bunkers on roads to prevent any movement of people. The restrictions caused a lot of inconvenience to commuters passing through areas under restriction, eyewitnesses told GNS.

More News

South Africa thrash India by 76 runs in Super Eight match

Labourer dies of electrocution in Srinagar

Eight injured in road accident on Jmu-Sgr NH

Load More

The authorities have already announced that no Muharram procession will be allowed on 8th Muharram through the city centre.

The announcement by the Deputy Commissioner Srinagar followed a detailed meeting involving all the “field magistrates and police officers” as well as taking into consideration “reports by intelligence agencies.”

“Law & order and Security concern is the top most priority of the Government of the Jammu and Kashmir keeping in view the larger public interest and safety of its citizens,” the deputy commissioner, who is also District Magistrate, had said in the order, adding, “In view of the facts and circumstances read in conjunction with the reports of Intelligence Agencies thereof, more particularly the security concerns of the District Srinagar with respect to the Muharram, the processions therein cannot be allowed on the Gurubazar toward Buchwara (Dalgate) and Abi-Guzar towards Zadibal routes respectively, keeping in mind the public interest, law & order and security.”

Two major processions of 8th and 10th Muharram were banned in 1989 by the then administration. Since then no processions have been allowed till now. (GNS)

Previous Post

Scattered light rain forecast as minimum temp drops slightly in J&K

Next Post

Male body found under suspicious circumstances in Anantnag

KI News

KI News

Kashmir Images is an English language daily newspaper published from Srinagar (J&K), India. The newspaper is one of the largest circulated English dailies of Kashmir and its hard copies reach every nook and corner of Kashmir Valley besides Jammu and Ladakh region.

Related Posts

South Africa thrash India by 76 runs in Super Eight match

South Africa thrash India by 76 runs in Super Eight match
February 22, 2026

Ahmedabad: David Miller rolled back the years with a stroke-filled fifty before South Africa executed clinically with the ball to...

Read moreDetails

Labourer dies of electrocution in Srinagar

One injured of electric shock
February 22, 2026

Srinagar: A 45-year-old labourer died after reportedly suffering an electric shock while carrying out construction work in the Soura area...

Read moreDetails

Eight injured in road accident on Jmu-Sgr NH

4 killed, 3 injured after vehicle skids of road in Ramban
February 22, 2026

Jammu: An Ertiga cab carrying eight passengers met with an accident at Sherbibi along the Jammu–Srinagar National Highway on Saturday...

Read moreDetails

Traffic court sentences father after his minor son was found driving vehicle in violation of law

City court convicts 2 persons in acid attack case
February 22, 2026

Srinagar: The Special Mobile Magistrate (Traffic court) in Srinagar on Friday directed a guardian to execute a bond of Rs...

Read moreDetails

Hideout busted in Poonch; pistol, other logistic stores seized

Hideout busted in Poonch; pistol, other logistic stores seized
February 22, 2026

Jammu: The army on Saturday busted a terrorist hideout in a remote village in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir...

Read moreDetails

IED defused in Ganderbal

IED recovered, destroyed in Rajouri
February 22, 2026

Srinagar: Security forces on Saturday destroyed an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) they detected in Ganderbal district, officials said. The IED...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
44 killed in Peru bus accident

Male body found under suspicious circumstances in Anantnag

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.