• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, February 21, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Mufti flays J&K administration for disregard to HC order

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
June 3, 2022
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Mehbooba Mufti talks tough, displays J&K flag

PHOTO-Javed Khan/Kashmir Images

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: PDP president Mehbooba Mufti on Thursday hit out at Jammu and Kashmir administration for not returning the mortal remains of Aamir Magrey, who was killed in the Hyderpora shootout in November last year, in disregard to orders of the High Court.

The Jammu and Kashmir High Court last week ordered for exhuming the body of a civilian, who was dubbed as a terrorist by police during the Hyderpora encounter in November last year, and handing it to his family for last rights.

More News

CM Abdullah pledges time-bound recruitment

LG calls for establishing India as ultimate sanctuary of knowledge, intellectual wealth

Govt orders several transfers, postings

Load More

“While we mourn today’s tragic killing, LG admin shows brazen disregard for HC orders to return Aamir Magrey’s body to his family. Got a text from his grieving father who is still begging for his son’s remains. Shameful & deeply disturbing,” Mufti tweeted and posted a screenshot of the message sent by Aamir’s father Latief Magray.

Aamir’s father has asked the PDP president to raise the issue of returning the mortal remains with the Inspector General of Police.

“This is the state of affairs here. A father’s young son is killed in a so-called ‘chance encounter’. Months later, instead of demanding justice by punishing the culprits, his family is reduced to begging for the son’s remains,” Mufti added.

Justice Sanjeev Kumar had said in his 13-page order, “I am inclined to allow this petition of the father of the deceased Amir Latief Magrey and direct the respondents (Jammu and Kashmir government) to make arrangements for exhumation of the body/remains of the deceased…from the Wadder Payeen graveyard in presence of the petitioner”.

The court said that however, if the body is, “highly putrefied and is not in deliverable state or is likely to pose risk to public health and hygiene, the petitioner and his close relatives shall be allowed to perform last rites as per their tradition and religious beliefs in the…graveyard itself.”

In that situation, the state shall pay to the petitioner Mohammad Latief Magrey a compensation of Rs 5 lakh for deprivation of his right to have the dead body of his son and give him a decent burial as per the family traditions, religious obligations and faith which the deceased professed when he was alive, the order said.

The bodies of two more civilians Altaf Ahmad Bhat and Dr Mudasir Gul, who were killed in the Hyderpora encounter, were exhumed and returned to the families following an outcry days after the encounter.

Previous Post

J&K logs 7 new COVID-19 cases

Next Post

Santoor maestro Bhajan Sopori passes away

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

CM Abdullah pledges time-bound recruitment

CM Abdullah pledges time-bound recruitment
February 21, 2026

Jammu: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday reiterated that his government is committed to filling vacancies in a time-bound manner,...

Read moreDetails

LG calls for establishing India as ultimate sanctuary of knowledge, intellectual wealth

LG calls for establishing India as ultimate sanctuary of knowledge, intellectual wealth
February 21, 2026

Jammu: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Friday offered a threefold resolution for the future: “We must transform India into the...

Read moreDetails

Govt orders several transfers, postings

Govt orders transfers in administration 
February 21, 2026

Jammu: The Govt today ordered postings and transfers of several IAS and JKAS officers, vide Order No. 230-JK(GAD) of 2026...

Read moreDetails

Rahul Gandhi condemns ‘attacks’ on Kashmiris

Time to usher back era of people-centric governance across India: Rahul
February 21, 2026

New Delhi: Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Rahul Gandhi has condemned the alleged attacks on Kashmiri students and...

Read moreDetails

Include 50% import duty on apples, save J&K’s fruit industry: Mehbooba Mufti to PM

This moment in the Valley
February 21, 2026

Srinagar: Emphasising that the interim Indo-US trade deal would take a toll on the nation's farmers and fruit growers, PDP...

Read moreDetails

Post-2019, tourist footfall in J&K surged: Govt

Snow, rain lash Kashmir as mercury dips
February 21, 2026

Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government said that the Union Territory has witnessed a sharp surge in tourist arrivals in...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Santoor maestro Bhajan Sopori passes away

Santoor maestro Bhajan Sopori passes away

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.