• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

200 terrorists ready to be launched into J&K: Northern army commander

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
May 7, 2022
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
200 terrorists ready to be launched into J&K: Northern army commander
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Udhampur: Northern army commander Lieutenant General Upendra Dwivedi on Friday said that infiltration is drastically down, yet currently there are 200 terrorists staged across border ready to be launched into Jammu and Kashmir.

The ceasefire along Indo-Pak border is working ‘well’ since February 2021 agreement, he asserted.

More News

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Load More

He said that the number of trained terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir is dwindling with each passing as 21 foreign terrorists have been eliminated this year so far in absence of local shelter and support.

“The number of terrorists staged across the Indo-Pak border are approximately 200. They are waiting across (LoC) to be launched to this side,” Dwivedi said in reply to a question on the sidelights of a two-day symposium in Udhampur district to identify cutting-edge technologies needed for solving operational challenges.

about the security situation along the Line of Control (LoC) and across the J-K border.

He said that counter infiltration grid is very fool-proof.

“We have made sure that all reserve troops were put in the second tier of defence so that no infiltration takes place,” he said.

“In the last twelve months, to say so, the number of ceasefire violations has been very limited — only one to three CFVs took place,” he said.

He maintained that terror infrastructure, however, seems to be intact across the border. “There are six major terrorist camps and 29 minor camps. There are temporary launching pads located close to various military establishments,” he said.

He blamed Pakistan army for sustaining the terror infrastructure and said that “the complicity of Pakistan army and its agencies cannot be denied”.

He said that infiltration not only takes places via mountainous areas and forests but also through International Border via Jammu and also Punjab and Nepal.

“Our aim is to identify these people and neutralize them at the earliest possible time”, he said.

The Army commander said that there are 40 to 50 local terrorists currently operating in the hinterland besides foreign terrorists, whose number cannot be determined.

“But we have neutralized 21 foreign terrorists till now. It shows that support for sheltering terrorists is dwindling with each passing day,” he said.

Dwivedi said local terrorists who were neutralized were very poorly trained and armed with just pistols.

Expressing concern over radicalisation, he said that teenagers are being recruited increasingly and it is matter of concern for all.

“They are being educated to get rid of radicalisation being infused in them by Pakistan. After the abrogation of article 370, there is a change,” he said.

“Army is playing an important role in bringing this change.”

Dwivedi said that over 15,000 students in 48 goodwill schools are being taught how to build up a better future for themselves in their own country.

Asked about the probability of revocation of Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) in J-K, he said that AFSPA will automatically go the day there is no need for armed guards and paramilitary on roads.

On Amarnath Yatra, he said sanitisation is being done and SOPs are being put in place under Operation Shiva.

He said the number of pilgrims is expected to double this year as compared to 2019. “We have to ensure that there is no terrorist action during the yatra. Extra forces are being deployed,” he said.

“Situation in eastern Ladakh is stable but in a state of heightened alert”

Northern Army commander Lieutenant General Upendra Dwivedi on Friday said the situation along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh is stable but in a state of “heightened alert” and asserted that there would be no security lapse on fronts of “operational preparedness and readiness” along the Sino-India border.

Noting that India is now negotiating from a position of strength with the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA), the General Officer Commanding in Chief (GoC-In-C) of the Udhampur-based Northern Command said communication channels have been put in place to stop the practice of “body pushes” that used to be there earlier and no physical contact of troops is ensured.

“As far as operation preparedness and operation readiness is concerned, there will be no (security) lapses (along the LAC in eastern Ladakh), that I assure you,” Lt Gen Dwivedi told reporters here on the sidelines of North Tech Symposium 2022 being organised by the Army.

He said the situation along the borderline with China in Ladakh is stable.

“Situation along LoC is stable. But it is in the state of heightened alert,” he said, maintaining that the Army does not want April 2020 situation to be repeated.

The force as well as equipment deployment is calibrated in such a way to ensure that any such kind of misadventure by the adversary does not take place again, the Army commander said.

He said the Army has put in place a communication set up at various levels between the two sides to avoid “body pushes” that used to take place earlier.

“There is no irritant that is likely to become a violent situation. Communications between Indian Army troops and the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) at the lower level have been increased.”

“What we have done is firstly at the lower level — that is the battalion and brigade level — we have now opened up various channels of communication. We have regular hotline exchanges and we have stopped the system of body pushes that used to be there earlier and no physical contact is being ensured,” Lt Gen Dwivedi said.

He said wherever there is an irritant, the Army immediately calls for talks. At the battalion and brigade level, we sit down together and come to an amicable solution, he added.

However, he said the issues of perceptional differences are to be dealt with at higher levels, like the corps commander level and the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) level. “Such meetings keep taking place regularly.”

Previous Post

Police recover incriminating material after raids in Jammu, fresh case registered

Next Post

Longest surviving Hizb terrorist among three killed near Amarnath Yatra route in Anantnag: Police

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha completed his self-enumeration today, marking the beginning of the House listing and Housing Census...

Read moreDetails

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Infiltrating Jammu and Kashmir to execute terror attacks for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a Pakistani terrorist paused his operations...

Read moreDetails

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Sunday said the mainstreaming of Jammu and Kashmir under the leadership of Prime Minister...

Read moreDetails

DFCO issues advisory ahead of nationwide chemists’ bandh on May 20

Tral shuts for second day against militant killings
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Drugs and Food Control Organization on Sunday issued a public advisory ahead of the nationwide bandh call given by...

Read moreDetails

Govt withholds salaries of four ACDs over poor MGNREGA performance

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has withheld the salaries of four Additional District Programme Coordinators (ADPCs)/Assistant Commissioners Development (ACDs)...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Two militants, ‘active associate’ killed in Shopian encounter

Longest surviving Hizb terrorist among three killed near Amarnath Yatra route in Anantnag: Police

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.