• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, February 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Won’t let any attempt to change status quo along India’s border to succeed, says Gen Naravane

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
January 15, 2022
in Latest News
A A
0
Indian Army admits engagement with Pakistan
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: The Indian Army’s message is clear that it will not let any attempt to unilaterally change the status quo along the country’s borders succeed, Army Chief Gen M M Naravane said on Saturday.

In an address at the Army Day Parade here, he said last year was extremely challenging for the Army and cited the developments on the northern borders with China.

More News

CM Omar says Kishtwar DC issued directive on religious leaders request

62 of 65 AMRUT schemes under execution in J&K: Govt informs House

Infiltration bid foiled along LoC in Rajouri: Army

Load More

Army Day is observed on January 15 to mark Field Marshall K M Cariappa taking over as the first Indian Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Army, replacing his British predecessor in 1949.

Referring to the Eastern Ladakh standoff, Gen Naravane said that to keep the situation under control the 14th round military-level talks were held between India and China recently.

He said joint efforts at various levels have led to disengagement in many areas which in itself is a constructive step.

Gen Naravane said that on the basis of mutual and equal security, efforts would continue to find a solution to the current situation.

He asserted that the morale of the soldiers deployed on snow-capped mountains for the country’s security was sky-high.

“Our patience is a sign of our self-confidence, but no one should make the mistake of testing it,” Gen Naravane said.

“Our message is clear, the Indian Army won’t let any attempt to unilaterally change status quo along country’s borders to succeed.”

The armies of India and China are locked in a military standoff in eastern Ladakh since May 5, 2020, after a violent clash erupted in the Pangong lake area. Both countries have conducted 14 rounds of military-level talks to resolve the standoff.

After the violent clash on May 5, 2020, both Indian and Chinese militaries gradually enhanced their deployment by rushing in tens of thousands of soldiers as well as heavy weaponry.

As a result of a series of military and diplomatic talks, the two sides completed the disengagement process last year in the north and south banks of the Pangong lake and in the Gogra area.

Each side currently has around 50,000 to 60,000 troops along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the sensitive sector.

Gen Naravane said that the situation on the LoC is better than the previous year but Pakistan still harbouring terrorists.

Nearly 300-400 terrorists in training camps across the border are waiting to intrude into India, he said, adding a total of 194 terrorists were killed in counter-operations in the last one year.

Previous Post

India logs 2,68,833 COVID cases, 402 deaths in a day

Next Post

COVID-19: Cluster University Srinagar defers all exams scheduled from Jan-17

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

CM Omar says Kishtwar DC issued directive on religious leaders request

J&K Assembly passes grants for departments under CM after a two-day debate
February 20, 2026

Jammu: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday told the J&K Legislative Assembly that the Deputy Commissioner of Kishtwar issued the...

Read moreDetails

62 of 65 AMRUT schemes under execution in J&K: Govt informs House

J&K’s debt at Rs 1.37 lakh cr for FY25 to be offset by increased GSDP: CM Abdullah
February 20, 2026

Srinagar: The government on Friday informed the House that 65 Water Supply Schemes have been sanctioned for the Union Territory...

Read moreDetails

Infiltration bid foiled along LoC in Rajouri: Army

Maj Gen A P S Bal takes over as GOC of Delta force
February 20, 2026

Jammu, Feb 19: An infiltration attempt by terrorists was scuttled by troops of the Indian Army along the Line of...

Read moreDetails

Soldier shoots self dead at Army camp in Jammu

Army man shoots self dead
February 20, 2026

  Jammu: A soldier allegedly shot himself dead with his service rifle at an Army camp here, officials said on...

Read moreDetails

J&K among 22 states, UTs asks by EC to prepare for next phase of SIR in April

Nomination of 35 candidates rejected for first phase of J&K Assembly polls
February 19, 2026

New Delhi: The Election Commission on Thursday asked 22 states and Union Territories to complete preparatory work related to the...

Read moreDetails

Man from Pulwama posing as NIA officer to dupe job-seekers held from Red Fort area

CBI, ED, police don’t arrest people through video calls: Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre
February 19, 2026

New Delhi:  A man from Jammu and Kashmir was apprehended by Delhi Police near Red Fort for allegedly posing as...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
12th class English paper postponed to Nov 02

COVID-19: Cluster University Srinagar defers all exams scheduled from Jan-17

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.