• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, February 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

It’s all over: Australia retains Ashes with win over England

AP/ PTI by AP/ PTI
December 28, 2021
in SPORTS
A A
1
It’s all over: Australia retains Ashes with win over England
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Melbourne: It was quite a Test debut for Australia fast bowler Scott Boland.

Player-of-the-match Boland claimed the remarkable bowling figures of six wickets for seven runs as Australia beat England by an innings and 14 runs before lunch on the third day of the third Ashes test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Tuesday.

More News

Bennett, Raza power Zimbabwe to 6-wicket win over Sri Lanka

  West Indies brush aside Italy by 42 runs to sign off group stage on high note

India need to tackle top-order predictability and finger spin struggles going into Super8s

Load More

The massive victory means Australia retains the Ashes, with a 3-0 lead in the five-match series.

Resuming on Tuesday on 31-4, England was bowled out for 68. Ben Stokes, on 11, was bowled by Mitchell Starc in the fifth over of the day.

The 32-year-old Boland removed Jonny Bairstow for 5 in his first over of the day, then world No. 2-ranked batter Joe Root for 28 in his second over, before dismissing Mark Wood and Ollie Robinson without scoring in his third over.

When James Anderson was bowled by Cameron Green for 2, England’s resistance had lasted just 27.4 overs.

Boland, who claimed match figures of 7-55 and is only the second Indigenous player to represent Australia’s men’s test-cricket side, was awarded the Johnny Mullagh Medal for player of the match. The award honors Australia’s Indigenous team which toured England in 1868.

Australia captain Pat Cummins said his side had been relentless and would now aim for a 5-0 sweep of the series.

“Any Ashes series is when you try to make a mark on your test career, so a chance to start cementing our identity,” Cummins said.

England captain Joe Root tried to remain positive.

“We have to stay strong and look at the next two games to take something from the tour,” Root said at the post-match ceremony.

Play resumed as scheduled on Tuesday after players from both teams were tested for COVID-19 overnight.

The start of Monday’s second day of play was delayed by 30 minutes due to a COVID-19 scare involving two members of England’s support staff.

Australia was bowled out for 267 on Monday as the home side grabbed a first-innings advantage of 82 runs. England could not even reach that figure to make Australia bat a second time.

The fourth test is scheduled to begin on Jan. 5 in Sydney, with the fifth from Jan. 14 in Hobart.

Previous Post

Former captains ’embarrassed’ at England’s Ashes surrender

Next Post

Lot of time wasted already, begin work on India you want: PM to IIT graduates

AP/ PTI

AP/ PTI

Related Posts

Bennett, Raza power Zimbabwe to 6-wicket win over Sri Lanka

Bennett, Raza power Zimbabwe to 6-wicket win over Sri Lanka
February 19, 2026

Colombo:  Brian Bennett’s measured fifty and Sikandar Raza’s raw power propelled Zimbabwe to a facile six-wicket win over a fancied...

Read moreDetails

  West Indies brush aside Italy by 42 runs to sign off group stage on high note

Hetmyer fifty, Shepherd five-for power Windies to easy win over Scotland
February 19, 2026

Kolkata: Skipper Shai Hope's second consecutive fifty and a disciplined performance by bowlers powered West Indies to a comfortable 42-run...

Read moreDetails

India need to tackle top-order predictability and finger spin struggles going into Super8s

February 19, 2026

Ahmedabad:  India's assistant coach Ryan ten Doeschate has acknowledged two pressing issues facing the team heading into the Super 8s...

Read moreDetails

J&K enters maiden Ranji Trophy final; Bengal left stunned

J&K enters maiden Ranji Trophy final; Bengal left stunned
February 19, 2026

Kalyani (West Bengal):  Sixty-seven years after their maiden appearance, Jammu and Kashmir stormed into the Ranji Trophy finals for the...

Read moreDetails

Cricket tests you far more than it rewards you: J&K skipper Paras Dogra

Cricket tests you far more than it rewards you: J&K skipper Paras Dogra
February 19, 2026

Kalyani (West Bengal):  With nine emotive words, Jammu and Kashmir's inspirational captain Paras Dogra encapsulated his 24-year grind, which also...

Read moreDetails

J&K LG, CM congratulate cricket team after historic entry into Ranji Trophy final

February 19, 2026

Jammu: Lt Governor Manoj Sinha joined the CM Omar Abdullah and PDP president Mehbooba Mufti in congratulating the Paras Dogra-led...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
PM says shrinking farm sizes in villages a challenge

Lot of time wasted already, begin work on India you want: PM to IIT graduates

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.