• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, August 29, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Cong questions PM’s silence on ‘Chinese’ villages coming up near Dokalam plateau

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
November 18, 2021
in NATION
A A
0
Congress to organize Mega Tractor Rally on Nov 9 against new Land laws, Farm Laws
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: The Congress accused the BJP-led government on Thursday of compromising national security and India’s territorial integrity, and questioned Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s silence on new Chinese villages coming up near the Dokalam plateau.

Congress spokesperson Gourav Vallabh said latest satellite images show that China has built four villages in Bhutan, next to Dokalam, and has grabbed 100 square kilometres of land in the area through illegal incursions.

Related posts

SC says will consider listing of pleas challenging abrogation of Article 370

SC questions Guv’s delay in assenting to Bills, says term ‘as soon as  possible’ will serve no purpose

August 28, 2025
Tampering with smart meters: Govt mulls to lodge FIR against 272 consumers in Sgr

BJP files FIR over ‘abuses’ hurled at PM’s late mother during Rahul’s Bihar yatra

August 28, 2025

“Why are we tolerating this all-round aggression from China and doing absolutely nothing about it? We urge the prime minister not to hide behind smokescreens and answer to the people,” he said at a press conference here.

“The Modi government’s unpardonable, blatant and brazen compromise of national security and India’s territorial integrity stands exposed once again. The prime minister and the defence minister have undermined the astounding valour and insurmountable grit of our armed forces, who faced the Chinese incursions and aggressions with indomitable courage and sacrifice,” Vallabh said.

Congress general secretary and chief spokesperson Randeep Surjewala also shared the satellite images on Twitter and said, “100 Square KMs of ‘land grab’ and illegal incursion and setting four new villages by China in Bhutan, next to Doklam is a blow to India’s national security. This happened between May-Nov 2021.”

“Why is PM ‘mum’? Who will defend National Security?” he asked.

Vallabh said the new satellite images on Chinese military development show the purported construction of Chinese villages in Bhutanese territory over the last year.

These new villages lie near the Dokalam plateau where India and China had a face-off in 2017, after which the neighbouring country bypassed Indian defences to resume road construction activity in the region, he said.

Vallabh said the new construction on Bhutanese soil is particularly worrying for India since the country has historically advised Bhutan on its external relations policy and continues to train its armed forces.

“Why is the Modi government compromising our territorial integrity?” he asked.

Pointing out that the Indian forces took on the illegal Chinese incursions into Indian territory, the Congress leader asked, “Why is the Modi government disrespecting and dishonouring the sacrifice of our brave soldiers? When will the Modi government respond to this verbal, geographic, military and strategic aggression of China?”

He asked the prime minister to speak up on the issue and tell the nation when will he name China and take it on over its repeated incursions along the borders.

Vallabh also alleged that over the last 18 months, the government has compromised India’s security vis-a-vis the dominant positions of the armed forces in the Kailash ranges and undermined the country’s territorial integrity by withdrawing the forces from Finger 4 to Finger 3 on the north bank of the Pangong lake.

He talked about Chinese incursions in eastern Ladakh, including in the Depsang plains and in Gogra and Hot Springs, besides constructing a village in Arunachal Pradesh.

Previous Post

Punjab CM-led group offers payers at Kartarpur gurdwara

Next Post

SC refuses to direct CBSE, CISCE to provide hybrid mode option for board exams

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Next Post
SC to fix schedule of hearing of Ayodhya land dispute cases in January next year

SC refuses to direct CBSE, CISCE to provide hybrid mode option for board exams

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ePaper

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.