• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, August 29, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home BUSINESS

COVID-19 resurgence: J&K tourism players face mass cancellation of hotel bookings for summer season

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
April 17, 2021
in BUSINESS
A A
0
COVID-19 resurgence: J&K tourism players face mass cancellation of hotel bookings for summer season

book message cloud shape

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: Amid a resurgence in Covid-19 positive cases across India, the hoteliers and houseboat owners in the valley are facing mass cancellation of hotel bookings for the summer season.

Talking to Kashmir News Observer (KNO), Manzoor Pakhtoon, a tour operator, said that amid a spike in Covid-19 cases, the majority of the advance bookings for the summer are getting cancelled.

Related posts

Stock market investors lose more than Rs 10.73 lakh crore in two trading sessions

Investors’ wealth erodes by Rs 9.69 lakh cr in two days of sharp fall in stock market

August 28, 2025
PM Modi, senior ministers take oath as members of 18th Lok Sabha

PM Jan Dhan Yojana gave people power to script their own destiny: Modi

August 28, 2025

“The valley is witnessing a huge influx in tourism and for summers there were pre-bookings till May end. However, in view of growing Covid-19 positive cases in the country, prior bookings are getting cancelled,” he said.

Secretary Houseboat Association Abdul Rasheed told KNO that the majority of their advance bookings for the summer season are getting cancelled, while tourists who are already in the valley are cutting short their trip.

“More than 80 per cent of Houseboats are empty now, with no fresh bookings around in view of growing COVID-19 positive cases in the country,” Rasheed said.

“With fresh weekend lockdowns in different parts of the country, tourists are reluctant to travel with Covid scare around. Though we are making sure that when the tourists visit us, they are following the COVID-19 SOPs, but the scare is there,” he said.

Meanwhile, a top official from the Floriculture department said that gardens and parks would remain open under already set Covid-19 Sops and guidelines to attract tourists.

After the official opening of Tulip Garden for visitors on 25 March 2021, it has been successful in attracting a huge number of visitors. So far the garden has recorded more than two lakh visitors.

In a move to prevent the further spread of the virus after many students tested Covid positive, the administration has closed the schools from primary to 12th class.

Meanwhile, office of the LG on Saturday ordered the postponement of 11th class examination and ceiling on gatherings and functions to 100 persons only.

“In view of #COVID19, class 11th exams have been postponed. There will also be a ceiling on gatherings and functions restricting to 100 persons from earlier 200,” the office of the LG J&K tweeted. (KNO)

Previous Post

Peak power demand touches all-time high of 1631 MW: MD KPDCL

Next Post

Cartoon

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Next Post
Cartoon

Cartoon

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ePaper

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.