• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, August 29, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Mother, son charred to death in Haftchinar blaze, 6 houses gutted 

Majid Kapra by Majid Kapra
April 6, 2021
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Mother, son charred to death in Haftchinar blaze, 6 houses gutted 

THE TRAGEDY: Photo/Javed Khan

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: A 40-years-old woman and her six-years-old son were charred to death after fire broke out in their house at Haftchinar area of the city last night.

Witnesses told ‘Kashmir Images’ that fire broke out at the house of one Ghulam Mohammad Sheikh, son of Mohammad Ramzan Sheikh at 11pm last night in which his wife and minor son lost their lives.

Related posts

Water starts receding in Jhelum, flood threat eases, BUT…

Water starts receding in Jhelum, flood threat eases, BUT…

August 29, 2025
   Two killings/deaths in J&K, people want answers

4 more bodies found as post-flood rescue work continues in Jammu

August 29, 2025

Fire, they said erupted possibly due to electric short-circuit, and engulfed five others structures within no time. Fire victims said their houses were razed to ashes and they could not save anything other than their families.

Victims, whose houses were gutted in a major blaze also alleged that the fire-tenders reached the spot at a time when the fire had spread extensively.

They said that 40-years-old Ajmeera Bano, and her minor son, Mohammad Abbass Sheikh died in the incident, whose charred bodies were found from a room.

Although the mother-son duo was removed to the SMHS hospital for treatment, however the doctors there declared them as brought dead.

When contacted Medical Superintendent SMHS hospital, Dr Nazir Chaudhary said the mother-son duo was brought dead to the hospital.

“Being seriously burnt, the duo had already succumbed, either on the way or before being shifted to the hospital; we only received dead bodies here,” Dr Chaudhary told ‘Kashmir Images’.

“We lost our life’s savings as all six structures were razed to ashes,” Farooq Ahmad, one of the victims told reporters.

The victims also sought monetary assistance from the government so that they could rebuild their houses. “All we could save are the clothes we had on; rest everything else was lost to the fire.”

Meanwhile, National Conference provincial youth president and concerned corportaor of Solina Municipal Ward, Salman Sagar alleged that fire-tenders reached the spot late resulting losses to both life and property.

“It’s unfortunate that no one from the administration visited victim families. Bodies of two persons including a women and her son have also not been handed over to their legal heirs for last rites. I demand compensation for fire victims whose houses gutted in massive blaze,” Sagar told reporters.

Previous Post

Arch of world’s highest railway bridge on Chenab river in completed

Next Post

442 new COVID cases, 2 deaths reported in J&K

Majid Kapra

Majid Kapra

majidkapra@gmail.com

Next Post
23 more detected positive; tally in J&K reaches 207

442 new COVID cases, 2 deaths reported in J&K

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ePaper

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.