• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, February 21, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Ahead of talks with govt, protesting farmers defer proposed tractor march

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
December 30, 2020
in NATION
A A
0
Ahead of talks with govt, protesting farmers defer proposed tractor march
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi:  Protesting farmer unions have deferred to Thursday their proposed tractor march against the contentious agriculture laws, so that the rally does not clash with their talks with the government on Wednesday.

The unions have agreed to hold the next round of talks with the Central government on Wednesday, but insist the agenda of the meeting should include discussing modalities for repealing the three legislations.

More News

PM discusses potential of harnessing AI in agri, edu with CEOs of AI & deeptech startups

Answer to ‘abject surrender’ lies in ‘grips’, ‘chokes’ placed on PM: Rahul on India-US trade deal

Congress left borders open, leading to infiltration in Assam, alleges Amit Shah

Load More

Earlier this week, Samyukt Kisan Morcha — an umbrella body of 40 unions leading protests at Delhi border points — had announced a tractor march from the Singhu and the Tikri borders to the Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Highway on December 30.

“In view of our talks with the government (on December 30), we have decided to defer our tractor march. The farmers will hold a march with their tractors on December 31,” Abhimanyu Kohar, a senior member of Morcha, told PTI.

He said that as farmer leaders would have a meeting with Central ministers on Wednesday, the protesting unions have decided to defer their proposed tractor march.

Thousands of protesting farmers, mostly from Punjab and Haryana, have been camping at three Delhi border points — Singhu, Ghazipur and Tikri — for the last 31 days, demanding a repeal of three farm laws and legal guarantee for minimum support price.

On Monday, farmer leaders agreed to a government proposal for holding the next round of talks on the new agricultural laws on December 30, but remained firm on their agenda of scrapping the laws.

Enacted in September, the three farm laws have been projected by the Centre as major reforms in the agriculture sector that will remove the middlemen and allow farmers to sell their produce anywhere in the country.

However, the protesting farmers have expressed apprehension that the new laws would pave the way for eliminating the safety cushion of the MSP and do away with the “mandi” (wholesale market) system, leaving them at the mercy of big corporates.

Previous Post

Samoon discusses modalities for effective implementation of PMKVY 3.0

Next Post

Several Republicans sue Pence to overturn Biden win

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

PM discusses potential of harnessing AI in agri, edu with CEOs of AI & deeptech startups

Take part in ‘Your Money, Your Right’ movement: PM Modi
February 20, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday discussed the potential of harnessing artificial intelligence technology in various sectors like...

Read moreDetails

Answer to ‘abject surrender’ lies in ‘grips’, ‘chokes’ placed on PM: Rahul on India-US trade deal

PM Modi ‘specimen’ of people who thinks they know more than God: Rahul Gandhi; BJP says Rahul ‘fake Gandhi’, ‘insults’ India
February 20, 2026

New Delhi:  Stepping up his attack on the government over the interim US trade deal, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on...

Read moreDetails

Congress left borders open, leading to infiltration in Assam, alleges Amit Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
February 20, 2026

Nathanpur (Assam): Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Friday accused the Congress of leaving the country's borders open, which led...

Read moreDetails

Youth Congress workers hold ‘shirtless protest’ at AI Summit, 10 detained

February 20, 2026

New Delhi:  A group of Indian Youth Congress workers on Friday staged a dramatic 'shirtless protest' at an AI Impact...

Read moreDetails

‘Shameful’: Union ministers slam Congress for shirtless protest by IYC at AI Summit

February 20, 2026

New Delhi:  A host of Union ministers on Friday slammed the Congress for a dramatic 'shirtless protest' staged by its...

Read moreDetails

India joins over 100 countries in condemning Israel’s ‘unilateral’ decisions in West Bank

India joins over 100 countries in condemning Israel’s ‘unilateral’ decisions in West Bank
February 19, 2026

United Nations: India has joined over 100 countries and global organisations in condemning Israel's "unilateral" decisions and measures aimed at...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Several Republicans sue Pence to overturn Biden win

Several Republicans sue Pence to overturn Biden win

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.