• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, February 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Warner, Abbott to miss second Test against India

AP/ PTI by AP/ PTI
December 24, 2020
in SPORTS
A A
0
Warner, Abbott to miss second Test against India
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

MELBOURNE: Star opener David Warner and pacer Sean Abbott were on Wednesday ruled out of the second Test against India, beginning here Saturday, because of a mix of injuries and COVID-19 protocols.

Both Warner and Abbott were outside the team’s bio-secure hub to get treatment for their respective groin and calf injuries.

More News

Bennett, Raza power Zimbabwe to 6-wicket win over Sri Lanka

  West Indies brush aside Italy by 42 runs to sign off group stage on high note

India need to tackle top-order predictability and finger spin struggles going into Super8s

Load More

The duo was flown out to Melbourne ahead of schedule on Saturday due to concern’s over the recent outbreak of coronavirus in Sydney’s northern beaches.

“While neither player has been in a specific ‘hotspot’ on Sydney’s northern beaches as outlined by NSW Health, Cricket Australia’s biosecurity protocols do not allow them to rejoin the squad in time for the Boxing Day test,” Cricket Australia said in a statement.

“The pair travelled from Sydney to Melbourne to continue their rehabilitation given the changing public health situation in Sydney at the time.” Warner still hasn’t recovered fully from the groin injury, sustained during the ODI series. He had missed the series-opening day-night Test, while Abbott has recovered from a calf strain but he is unlikely to break into a playing XI that beat India by eight wickets last week.

Australia are leading the four-Test series 1-0 after winning the pink ball match by eight wickets inside three days.

Cricket Australia said “no additional players will be added to the squad for the Boxing Day Test” and “David Warner and Sean Abbott will rejoin the Australian men’s Test squad ahead of the third Test against India.” The third Test begins on January 7 but there is doubt if it will be held at Sydney in light of the current coronavirus situation.

There were reports that the third and fourth Test could be swapped or Melbourne may host successive Tests.

Previous Post

Businesses with monthly turnover of over Rs 50 lakh to pay at least 1% GST liability in cash

Next Post

Afghan official: Bomb, shooting attack in Kabul kill 2

AP/ PTI

AP/ PTI

Related Posts

Bennett, Raza power Zimbabwe to 6-wicket win over Sri Lanka

Bennett, Raza power Zimbabwe to 6-wicket win over Sri Lanka
February 19, 2026

Colombo:  Brian Bennett’s measured fifty and Sikandar Raza’s raw power propelled Zimbabwe to a facile six-wicket win over a fancied...

Read moreDetails

  West Indies brush aside Italy by 42 runs to sign off group stage on high note

Hetmyer fifty, Shepherd five-for power Windies to easy win over Scotland
February 19, 2026

Kolkata: Skipper Shai Hope's second consecutive fifty and a disciplined performance by bowlers powered West Indies to a comfortable 42-run...

Read moreDetails

India need to tackle top-order predictability and finger spin struggles going into Super8s

February 19, 2026

Ahmedabad:  India's assistant coach Ryan ten Doeschate has acknowledged two pressing issues facing the team heading into the Super 8s...

Read moreDetails

J&K enters maiden Ranji Trophy final; Bengal left stunned

J&K enters maiden Ranji Trophy final; Bengal left stunned
February 19, 2026

Kalyani (West Bengal):  Sixty-seven years after their maiden appearance, Jammu and Kashmir stormed into the Ranji Trophy finals for the...

Read moreDetails

Cricket tests you far more than it rewards you: J&K skipper Paras Dogra

Cricket tests you far more than it rewards you: J&K skipper Paras Dogra
February 19, 2026

Kalyani (West Bengal):  With nine emotive words, Jammu and Kashmir's inspirational captain Paras Dogra encapsulated his 24-year grind, which also...

Read moreDetails

J&K LG, CM congratulate cricket team after historic entry into Ranji Trophy final

February 19, 2026

Jammu: Lt Governor Manoj Sinha joined the CM Omar Abdullah and PDP president Mehbooba Mufti in congratulating the Paras Dogra-led...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Afghan official: Bomb, shooting attack in Kabul kill 2

Afghan official: Bomb, shooting attack in Kabul kill 2

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.