• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, February 16, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Army chief Gen Naravane visits forward posts in eastern Ladakh

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
December 23, 2020
in Latest News
A A
0
SC order on commissioning of women enabling, will give clarity moving forward: Army chief
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: Army chief Gen MM Naravane on Wednesday visited various high-altitude forward areas in eastern Ladakh and reviewed India”s overall military preparedness as the tense border standoff with China in the region prolonged for over seven months, the Army and official sources said.

The Army said Gen Naravane visited the forward areas including Rechin La and undertook a first-hand assessment of the situation along the Line of Actual Control(LAC) in Ladakh.

More News

No major rain or snowfall forecast, isolated light snow possible in higher reaches

Santosh Vaidya, Saloni Rai move from J&K to key GNCTD posts

PM Modi invites world to host data in India

Load More

Nearly 50,000 troops of the Indian Army are deployed in a high state of combat readiness in various mountainous locations in eastern Ladakh in sub-zero temperatures. China has also deployed an equal number of troops, according to officials.

Lt Gen PGK Menon, the commander of the Leh-based 14 Corps, popularly known as ”Fire and Fury” Corps, briefed the Army chief on various aspects of the situation in eastern Ladakh.

Sources said Gen Naravane reached Ladakh at 8:30 am on a day-long visit with an aim to review the ground situation in the region that is experiencing harsh winter.

“General MM Naravane #COAS visited forward areas of #FireandFury Corps including Rechin La and undertook a first-hand assessment of the situation along the LAC. He was briefed by #GOC #FireandFury Corps and other local commanders on the operational preparedness of our forces,” the Army tweeted.

The Army said Gen Naravane interacted with the troops deployed in forward areas and exhorted them to continue working with the same “zeal and enthusiasm”.

He also distributed sweets and cakes ahead of Christmas.

Around three-and-half months ago, Indian troops had occupied a number of strategic heights in the Mukhpari, Rechin La and Magar hill areas around the southern bank of the Pangong lake in eastern Ladakh after the Chinese People”s Liberation Army(PLA) attempted to intimidate them in the area on the intervening night of August 29 and 30.

“General MM Naravane #COAS undertook on the spot inspection of the state of #habitat of troops on the forward line of defences at #RechinLa. He appreciated the efforts made by the formation to make troops comfortable along the #LAC,” the Army said in another tweet.

It said the Army chief also visited the forward base of Tara and interacted with the local commanders and troops. He appreciated their high morale and state of readiness.

The military face-off erupted on May 5 following violent clashes between the Indian army and the PLA in the Pangong lake area. The clashes were followed by a similar incident in north Sikkim on May 9.

Last week, India and China held another round of diplomatic talks during which they agreed to continue work towards ensuring complete disengagement of troops in all friction points along the LAC in eastern Ladakh at the “earliest”.

It was agreed at the talks that the next round of military dialogue should be held at an early date so that both sides can work towards an early and complete disengagement of troops in accordance with the existing bilateral agreements and protocols.

India and China have held several rounds of diplomatic and military talks in the last few months to resolve the standoff. However, no concrete breakthrough has been achieved so far.

Previous Post

Cold wave intensifies in Kashmir, dry weather to continue till Christmas Day

Next Post

Student goes missing in Baramulla, family appeals him to return

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

No major rain or snowfall forecast, isolated light snow possible in higher reaches

Temperatures dip across Kashmir, many towns record coldest night in 16 years
February 15, 2026

Srinagar: The Meteorological Centre Srinagar has forecast largely dry weather conditions across Jammu and Kashmir till February 24, with no...

Read moreDetails

Santosh Vaidya, Saloni Rai move from J&K to key GNCTD posts

Govt orders transfers in administration 
February 15, 2026

New Delhi: The Delhi Government has ordered the transfer and posting of 72 IAS officers across various departments, including two...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi invites world to host data in India

Post ceasefire, PM Modi chairs high-level meeting
February 15, 2026

New Delhi:  With the Budget providing incentives to turbocharge investments in data centres, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday pitched...

Read moreDetails

Lone Brothers Strike Gold at Auli National Championship

Lone Brothers Strike Gold at Auli National Championship
February 15, 2026

Auli (Uttarakhand) Jammu and Kashmir’s snowboarding duo, Zubair Ahmad Lone and his younger brother Vakar Ahmad Lone, delivered a stellar...

Read moreDetails

LG Sinha, CM Abdullah extend greetings on Mahashivratri, Herath

J&K leaders grieve plane crash deaths
February 15, 2026

Jammu:  Jammu and Kashmir Lt Governor Manoj Sinha and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah extended their greetings to the people on...

Read moreDetails

Special tip line activated to trace missing woman in Bla

Special tip line activated to trace missing woman in Bla
February 15, 2026

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Police have activated a special tip line to trace a 20-year-old woman who went missing from...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Student goes missing in Baramulla, family appeals him to return

Student goes missing in Baramulla, family appeals him to return

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.