• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

‘Hilal Rather owns no properties outside India’

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
August 10, 2020
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Hilal Rather owns no properties outside country: Legal Counsel
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: Reacting to the news reports regarding diversion of loan funds by Hilal Rather, his legal counsel Sunday said that Rather owns no properties outside the country.

“Paradise Avenue, which is a firm comprising of five partners — Deepshika Jamwal, Daljeet Wadera, Rizwan Dar, Ghulam Mohammed Bhat and Hilal Rather — acquired a loan of Rs 128 crores for the construction of flats at Narwal, Jammu in 2012,” Rather’s lawyer Mudassir Raina said in a statement here.

More News

LG orders re-opening of 14 tourist spots in J&K

PM Modi inaugurates India AI Impact Expo, interacts with startups

New Assembly complex to be ready by Oct 2027, says Dy CM Choudhary

Load More

He said Hilal Rather holds only about 30 percent share in the said company while the remaining 70 percent is held by the other four partners.

The lawyers also claimed that around Rs 37 crore have been received back by the bank as repayment against the principal loan amount.

The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has alleged that loan money was siphoned off and used to acquire personal assets in India and abroad.

If indeed money in crores was diverted from the project, as alleged by the ED, “then how is it that more money than the Rs128 crores, provided by the bank for construction, has been spent on it? Out of the total outstanding loan amount, the principal component of the loan for the construction of the project was only around Rs128 crore, rest being interest component during the construction period,” the statement pointed out.

It said anyone with some idea of construction costs in prefabricated steel structures can vouch that more than Rs 150 crores have been spent on the project which can be easily corroborated through a valuation of the constructed project by independent experts.

“The project is not hidden from anyone and stands tall for everyone to see,” the statement said.

Regarding the “false accusation” of existence of properties in UAE and USA, the statement said “it is incumbent on the agencies to liquidate them and make public money good without wasting a single moment. But it would not happen as no such property exists.”

It is also alleged that Benami properties have been acquired. “This is again a totally baseless accusation as no such properties exist; and if they do, it is again incumbent upon the agencies to liquidate them and recover the loss of public money,” the statement added.

The statement said “it is alleged that four loans were sanctioned to the firm without any collateral or receiving the payment for the earlier loans. It needs to be explained that how is it that the bank provided the financial support to the firm twice even when an adverse political regime was in power and no so-called influence could have been used by any of the partners of M/s Paradise Avenue.”

It said “the agency has desperately tried to flog a dead horse by highlighting a so-called waiver of Rs 60 crores through a One Time Settlement (OTS) which was never availed as the bank had suo-moto cancelled the said offer vide its letter dated 20th of October 2018.

“An OTS which was never implemented and cancelled by the bank on its own, how can it be any benefit at all? Despite the serious question marks on the investigations that have been conducted so far, considering the constraints under which agencies have to work, the efforts of the agencies to unearth the truth in the matter are appreciated and it is hoped that ED which is a trusted premier investigating agency of the country, shall live up to its reputation and carry forward the investigation in the matter in a fair, transparent and professional manner in the larger public interest and justice,” the statement said.

It said “if the agencies are in possession of solid proof in respect of the allegations made, let them go ahead with the filing of chargesheet so that the accused are in a position to face the trial in the court of law in a fair and transparent manner.”

Previous Post

Militant killed in infiltration bid along LoC in Poonch: Army

Next Post

3 Kupwara villages along LoC connected to national electricity grid

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

LG orders re-opening of 14 tourist spots in J&K

Universities must be powerhouse of ideas, ready to solve real-world problems: LG
February 17, 2026

Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Monday ordered the reopening of 14 tourist spots in the Union...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi inaugurates India AI Impact Expo, interacts with startups

PM Modi inaugurates India AI Impact Expo, interacts with startups
February 17, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday inaugurated the India AI Impact Expo here featuring over 600 high-potential startups...

Read moreDetails

New Assembly complex to be ready by Oct 2027, says Dy CM Choudhary

Dy CM reviews progress of NH Projects across Jammu division
February 17, 2026

Jammu:  Deputy Chief Minister Surinder Kumar Choudhary on Monday inspected the ongoing construction of the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly complex...

Read moreDetails

J&K Police busts Rs 209 crore interstate online investment scam; 9 arrested

Govt promotes 27 DySsP to Incharge Superintendents of Police
February 17, 2026

Srinagar:  Jammu and Kashmir Police has unearthed a Rs 209 crore interstate online investment scam in Ganderbal district, and arrested...

Read moreDetails

JK govt to survey 10 districts on drug abuse

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
February 17, 2026

Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government will survey drug abuse in 10 districts of the Union territory as it has...

Read moreDetails

Khelo India Winter Games starting from Feb 23, raises hopes of tourism revival in Gulmarg

5th National Ski Mountaineering Championship concludes at Gulmarg
February 17, 2026

Srinagar: The Khelo India Winter Games, starting from February 23 and to be held at Kashmir's Gulmarg, will witness participation...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
China to construct 1,124-megawatt power project in Pak under CPEC

3 Kupwara villages along LoC connected to national electricity grid

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.