• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, May 23, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

‘Stone pelting incident see sharp decline since Aug 05, 2019’

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
July 30, 2020
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Protests continue in Kashmir over minor girl’s rape

SHEER MADNESS: Students outside Amar Singh College resorted to massive stone-pelting on Tuesday, disrupting the class work. PHOTO/JAVED KHAN

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: Incidents of stone pelting have come down sharply in Jammu and Kashmir after abrogation of the special status of the erstwhile state, officials said on Wednesday.

Comparing the figures of stone pelting incidents during the first six months of 2020 with previous years, they said the number has fallen down considerably from 944 in 2018 to 211 so far this year.

More News

Will make Pak-Bangla borders impenetrable: HM Shah

Ladakh, New Delhi reach out ‘an understanding’ on constitutional safeguards

‘Omar Abdullah missing’ poster sparks political row; Farooq hits back at BJP

Load More

According to the officials, there has also been a reduction in injuries and deaths of security forces as well as civilians.

They said a heavy deployment of security forces helped “instill confidence” in the general public as many of the “trouble mongers” had been identified and packed to various jails ahead of or on August 05 last year when Article 370 of the Constitution was abrogated.

“There was only one civilian death during the stone pelting incidents this year whereas the figure for 2018 was 18 and was three for 2019 during the first six months,” according to the officials.

Similarly, there were 549 cases of injuries to civilians in 2018 during the first six months followed by 335 in 2019 and only 63 this year, the officials said, adding the number of injuries to security forces have also come down sharply from 74 in 2018 to 14 this year.

The officials dismissed claims by some human rights groups that Jammu and Kashmir had been under a complete lockdown since August 05 last year.

They said after imposing prohibitory orders in the early hours of August 05 last year which included snapping communication links, “landline phones were restored in phases beginning August 17 and a near complete relaxation was done the next day.”

“By the end of August, primary and middle schools were opened and relaxation on movement of people was allowed almost in every district,” they said.

In October, they said post-paid mobile phones were put in operation in the Kashmir Valley and the block development council elections were held.

Recently, a report titled ‘Kashmir Human Rights Report’ prepared by a group of intellectuals including retired judges, ex-servicemen and former diplomats, had alleged blatant misuse of stringent laws like the Public Safety Act (PSA) and provisions of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.

The report also alleged that local industries had suffered a lot after the developments that took place on August 05 last year.

However, the officials said the union territory administration had set up 400 Internet kiosks and also started 2G mobile Internet services by January this year.

The process of releasing political prisoners, detained since August 05, was initiated in March this year with the release of former chief ministers Farooq and Omar Abdullah.

‘Foreign delegations which included envoys from many nations including the US, the UK, France and Middle East and African countries visited the Kashmir Valley where they were given a briefing on the situation in the Valley. In certain cases, some of the envoys were driven through market places and shown around people walking and leading their daily lives,” the officials said. (With PTI Inputs)

Previous Post

HRD Ministry to be renamed Education Ministry

Next Post

Govt designates 44 officers for seizing funds, assets of those supporting terror

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

Will make Pak-Bangla borders impenetrable: HM Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
May 23, 2026

New Delhi: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Friday said the government will launch a tech-enabled "smart border" project by...

Read moreDetails

Ladakh, New Delhi reach out ‘an understanding’ on constitutional safeguards

Leh Apex Body rejects involvement of ‘foreign hand’ in violence; demands judicial probe
May 23, 2026

Srinagar: As Jammu and Kashmir is confronted with controversies and conflicting narratives, Ladakh region has once again emerged as a...

Read moreDetails

‘Omar Abdullah missing’ poster sparks political row; Farooq hits back at BJP

Dr Farooq interacts with functionaries at Nawa-e-Subha on second consecutive day
May 23, 2026

Srinagar: A political storm erupted in Jammu and Kashmir after the BJP circulated online “Omar Abdullah missing” posters in a...

Read moreDetails

SC grants bail to Kashmiri man accused in UAPA case

SC says will consider listing of pleas challenging abrogation of Article 370
May 23, 2026

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday granted bail to Suhail Ahmad Thokar, who was arrested in a UAPA case...

Read moreDetails

BOSE notifies dates for submission of Class 11 Bi- Annual exam forms

JKBOSE issues revised date sheets for biannual, private exams
May 23, 2026

Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education (J&K BOSE) has notified the schedule for submission of permission cum...

Read moreDetails

CS reviews comprehensive traffic decongestion plan for Jammu, Srinagar

Chief Secy reviews Mission YUVA progress across J&K districts
May 23, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Secretary Atal Dulloo on Friday chaired the fifth meeting of the Multi-Disciplinary Committee on Traffic Management System to...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Govt designates 44 officers for seizing funds, assets of those supporting terror

Govt designates 44 officers for seizing funds, assets of those supporting terror

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.