• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, February 16, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

UP govt forms panel to probe Kanpur ambush, Vikas Dubey’s encounter

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
July 13, 2020
in NATION
A A
0
UP govt forms panel to probe Kanpur ambush, Vikas Dubey’s encounter
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Sunday constituted a one-member commission to probe the Kanpur ambush and police encounter with gangster Vikas Dubey.

UP Governor Anandiben Patel appointed retired Allahabad High Court judge Shashi Kant Agarwal to probe the incidents and submit a report within two months, according to a government notification.

More News

Exclusive Interview of Prime Minister Narendra Modi with PTI | Q&A

Budget shunned populism, bets on capex to power jobs and growth: PM Modi

Women to play most important role in creating Viksit Bharat: PM

Load More

Any change in its tenure shall be at the behest of the government, it said.

The panel was set up under the Commission of Inquiries Act, 1952 and it will be based in Kanpur.

Meanwhile, a government statement said the one-member commission will also probe the gangster’s “relationship” with police and people from various departments.

It will suggest ways so as to prevent such a repetition in future, it said.

A government spokesperson said the killing of eight policemen in the ambush on the intervening night of July 2 and 3 by Vikas Dubey and his henchmen and the gangster’s encounter on July 10 are a “subject of public importance”.

“Hence, their probe is essential,” the spokesperson said, adding that the panel will also investigate “all encounters in the period from July 2-3 to 10”.

Earlier, the Congress had demanded a judicial probe by a sitting Supreme Court judge into the entire episode to bring out the truth and identify those who had “granted protection” to Dubey.

“The Congress demanded that the unholy nexus between organised crime and the ilk of Vikas Dubey with those sitting in the echelons of power be probed by a sitting Supreme Court judge,” party spokesperson Randeep Singh Surjewala had said at a press conference.

Congress general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra too had demanded a judicial probe by a sitting SC judge.

On Saturday, the Uttar Pradesh government had constituted a special investigation team to probe all aspects related to the slain gangster besides the alleged laxity and role of the local police.

Additional Chief Secretary Sanjay Bhoosreddy is heading the team, which will have Additional DG Hari Ram Sharma and DIG Ravinder Goud as its members, according to an official statement.

The SIT will submit its report by July 31 after looking into all the angles, studying all related documents and spot inspection in Kanpur, it said.

The team has been asked to probe what effective action was taken in all cases lodged against Dubey.

Previous Post

Can’t demand signed copies of online RTI applications: CIC to Army

Next Post

Govt updates self-declaration form for passengers as COVID-19 recovery improves

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Exclusive Interview of Prime Minister Narendra Modi with PTI | Q&A

Take part in ‘Your Money, Your Right’ movement: PM Modi
February 15, 2026

 On the trade deal QUESTION: In the last month or so, India’s global interaction has seen a sharp uptick in...

Read moreDetails

Budget shunned populism, bets on capex to power jobs and growth: PM Modi

Pahalgam terror attack: PM Modi steps up diplomatic offensive against Pak
February 15, 2026

New Delhi:  Calling productive spending a hallmark of his government, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said the just unveiled...

Read moreDetails

Women to play most important role in creating Viksit Bharat: PM

   PM Modi pitches for ‘swadeshi’ goods
February 15, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said women will play the most important role in creating Viksit Bharat...

Read moreDetails

Trade talks could never conclude under UPA rule due to its economic mismanagement: PM Modi

Post ceasefire, PM Modi chairs high-level meeting
February 15, 2026

New Delhi:  In a sharp take down of trade negotiations during the UPA government, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi urges India Inc. to step up investment push to drive next phase of growth

February 15, 2026

New Delhi:  With the government having done much of the heavy lifting through an aggressive capex push in recent years,...

Read moreDetails

Rahul Gandhi spreading lies over India’s trade deals with US, EU; farmers fully protected: Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
February 15, 2026

Gandhinagar: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Sunday accused Congress leader Rahul Gandhi of spreading "lies" and misleading farmers over...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Govt updates self-declaration form for passengers as COVID-19 recovery improves

Govt updates self-declaration form for passengers as COVID-19 recovery improves

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.