• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, May 23, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Pak accuses India of plotting attack on it to divert attention from dispute with China

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
June 25, 2020
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
After Mirwaiz, Pak FM telephones Geelani; discusses Kashmir issue
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Islamabad: A day after Pakistan was asked to reduce its staff at its High Commission in New Delhi by half, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi on Wednesday accused India of plotting an attack on his country to divert its Opposition’s attention from its border dispute with China.

Speaking to ‘Geo Pakistan’, Qureshi said, “India’s mood is clear [for all to see] as it wants to divert attention from its border dispute with China to Pakistan.”

More News

Will make Pak-Bangla borders impenetrable: HM Shah

Ladakh, New Delhi reach out ‘an understanding’ on constitutional safeguards

‘Omar Abdullah missing’ poster sparks political row; Farooq hits back at BJP

Load More

He claimed that India was finding excuses to launch a “false flag operation” against Pakistan. But he did not elaborate or give any evidence.

“The Opposition in India is raising questions that their government can’t answer,” he said, referring to the criticism being faced by the Modi government regarding its response to the border dispute with China in the Galwan Valley in which 20 Indian soldiers were killed.

Qureshi warned India to refrain from launching any attacks on his country, saying Pakistan would respond with full force if New Delhi embarks on “any misadventure.”

Stating that India had levelled “baseless allegations” against Pakistani diplomats of spying in New Delhi, Qureshi alleged that the Pakistani staff was harassed in India and their cars were followed by authorities.

He said that Pakistan had not only condemned the allegations but also rejected them.

He said that the Indian Charge d’ Affaires in Islamabad was summoned on Tuesday and told that the same treatment would be meted out to the Indian staff.

“We told him [Indian Chargé d’ Affaires] that because of this unilateral policy, you also wrap up and slash your [diplomatic staff] presence by 50 percent,” Qureshi said.

On Tuesday, India had told Pakistan to slash its embassy staff in New Delhi by half — saying it would do the same in Islamabad.

“The behaviour of Pakistan and its officials is not in conformity with the Vienna Convention and bilateral agreements on the treatment of diplomatic and consular officials,” the External Affairs Ministry said in a statement.

“On the contrary, it is an intrinsic element of a larger policy of supporting cross-border violence and terrorism. Therefore, the Government of India has taken the decision to reduce the staff strength in the Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi by 50 percent,” the MEA said.

The already fractious relationship between the two nations strained further after India expelled two Pakistan embassy officials for spying in late May.

India also accused Islamabad of torturing two Indian diplomats arrested in an alleged hit-and-run incident in Islamabad.

Islamabad police later said both Indian High Commission officials were released due to their diplomatic immunity and had been handed over in the presence of Pakistani ministry’s officials.

India’s expulsion of the two Pakistani officials and subsequent “harassment” of Indian High Commission staffers in Islamabad by Pakistani agencies came in the midst of frayed ties between the two countries over the reorganisation of Jammu and Kashmir by India.

Top Pakistani leaders, including Prime Minister Imran Khan, have been raising the issue of India planning to attack the country again after the Indian Air Force jets bombed what they claimed was a militant training camp in Balakot in February.

The ties between India and Pakistan further nose-dived following the abrogation of article 370 in August that revoked the special status of Jammu and Kashmir. The move angered Pakistan, which downgraded diplomatic ties with India and expelled the Indian High Commissioner.

Previous Post

Union minister e-inaugurates bridge on strategic Bhaderwah-Basholi-Pathankot highway

Next Post

HC allows ousted J&K Bank chairman’s plea to amend his earlier petition

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Will make Pak-Bangla borders impenetrable: HM Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
May 23, 2026

New Delhi: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Friday said the government will launch a tech-enabled "smart border" project by...

Read moreDetails

Ladakh, New Delhi reach out ‘an understanding’ on constitutional safeguards

Leh Apex Body rejects involvement of ‘foreign hand’ in violence; demands judicial probe
May 23, 2026

Srinagar: As Jammu and Kashmir is confronted with controversies and conflicting narratives, Ladakh region has once again emerged as a...

Read moreDetails

‘Omar Abdullah missing’ poster sparks political row; Farooq hits back at BJP

Dr Farooq interacts with functionaries at Nawa-e-Subha on second consecutive day
May 23, 2026

Srinagar: A political storm erupted in Jammu and Kashmir after the BJP circulated online “Omar Abdullah missing” posters in a...

Read moreDetails

SC grants bail to Kashmiri man accused in UAPA case

SC says will consider listing of pleas challenging abrogation of Article 370
May 23, 2026

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday granted bail to Suhail Ahmad Thokar, who was arrested in a UAPA case...

Read moreDetails

BOSE notifies dates for submission of Class 11 Bi- Annual exam forms

JKBOSE issues revised date sheets for biannual, private exams
May 23, 2026

Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education (J&K BOSE) has notified the schedule for submission of permission cum...

Read moreDetails

CS reviews comprehensive traffic decongestion plan for Jammu, Srinagar

Chief Secy reviews Mission YUVA progress across J&K districts
May 23, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Secretary Atal Dulloo on Friday chaired the fifth meeting of the Multi-Disciplinary Committee on Traffic Management System to...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
JK Bank Q1 net profit grows 75% to 52 Cr.

HC allows ousted J&K Bank chairman’s plea to amend his earlier petition

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.