• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, August 29, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home WORLD

WHO chief pledges probe of virus response

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
May 19, 2020
in WORLD
A A
0
WHO to send international mission to China
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Geneva: The head of the World Health Organization says he will begin an independent evaluation of the UN health agency’s response to the coronavirus pandemic “at the earliest appropriate moment.”

WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus made the pledge Monday after an independent oversight advisory body published its first interim report about the UN health agency’s response to COVID-19 from January to April.

Related posts

China denies hidden motives after hosting Iran-Saudi talks

China welcomes PM Modi’s planned visit to attend SCO summit

August 8, 2025
China says it was smeared in Biden State of the Union speech

China says Sino-India border dispute complicated, takes time; Ready to discuss delimitation

June 30, 2025

The 11-page report raised questions such as whether WHO’s warning system for alerting the world to outbreaks is adequate, and suggested member states might need to “reassess” WHO’s role in providing travel advice to countries.

The advisory body’s review and recommendations appeared unlikely to appease the United States administration, which has been scathing in its criticism of WHO – in part over President Donald Trump’s allegation that it had criticized a U.S. travel ban that he ordered on people arriving from China, where the outbreak first appeared late last year.

Trump ordered a temporary suspension of funding for WHO from the United States – the health agency’s biggest single donor – pending a review of its early response. But the review panel, echoing comments from many countries, said such a review during the “heat of the response” could hurt WHO’s ability to respond to it. (AP)

 

Previous Post

Cartoon

Next Post

China relents on opposition to COVID-19 origin probe; Backs EU resolution at WHA

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Next Post
Xi calls for tighter supervision of workplace safety as China resumes work after coronavirus battle

China relents on opposition to COVID-19 origin probe; Backs EU resolution at WHA

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ePaper

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.