• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, August 29, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home WORLD

Local official sacked as COVID-19 epicentre Wuhan reports six new cases

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
May 12, 2020
in WORLD
A A
0
Local official sacked as COVID-19 epicentre Wuhan reports six new cases
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Beijing: A local official was sacked for poor management in the central Chinese city of Wuhan after six new infections were reported in the COVID-19 epicentre which remained virus free for over 30 days, the state-run media reported on Monday.

Zhang Yuxin, who was the secretary and member of the Changqing Street working committee of the ruling Communist Party of China, was removed from the post after the cases emerged in the Sanmin residential community in Wuhan, capital of Hubei province, the Xinhua news agency reported.

Related posts

China denies hidden motives after hosting Iran-Saudi talks

China welcomes PM Modi’s planned visit to attend SCO summit

August 8, 2025
China says it was smeared in Biden State of the Union speech

China says Sino-India border dispute complicated, takes time; Ready to discuss delimitation

June 30, 2025

All the cases were reported in the Sanmin residential community, which is under the jurisdiction of Changqing Street.

Zhang was sacked for his poor management of the closing-off and control of the residential community, which had previously reported 20 COVID-19 cases, it said.

Five cases were reported on Sunday, while one on Saturday in Wuhan which remained free from infections for 35 days.

Hubei province, which has a population of over 56 million, was kept under lockdown from January 23 to contain the virus. It was lifted on March 24.

Wuhan, a city of 11 million people, lifted the lockdown on April 8.

Meanwhile, China has downgraded the COVID-19 risk levels in all regions signalling its containment as the country has almost returned to normalcy with business and factories resuming their operations following government directives with warnings not to be complacent.

On Monday, China opened its most prominent theme park, Shanghai Disneyland, with anti-virus controls.

Gyms and other entertainment centres are also being gradually opened up.

According to China’s National Health Commission, 17 new confirmed coronavirus cases, including seven imported ones, were reported on Sunday, taking the total number of cases in the country to 82,918.

Previous Post

Food ministry extends deadline for seeding Aadhaar with ration cards till Sept

Next Post

ICMR issues guidance for appropriate recording of COVID-19 deaths to create robust data

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Next Post
ICMR issues guidance for appropriate recording of COVID-19 deaths to create robust data

ICMR issues guidance for appropriate recording of COVID-19 deaths to create robust data

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ePaper

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.