• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, February 23, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

SC to list cases related to death penalty, family laws for hearing through video-conferencing

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
April 19, 2020
in NATION
A A
0
SC to list cases related to death penalty, family laws for hearing through video-conferencing
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi:  Death penalty cases and those related to family laws may be listed for hearing through video-conferencing mode, the Supreme Court said on Saturday.

In a notice issued on its website, the apex court said this, however, would be subject to availability of the bench concerned and prior approval of Chief Justice of India S A Bobde.

More News

Cong turned AI Summit into arena for its ‘gandi aur nangi’ politics: PM Modi

FIR against Swami Avimukteshwaranand under POCSO Act

Kerala Story 2 propaganda film aimed at polarisation: John Brittas

Load More

“Take notice that, short category matters, death penalty matters and matters  related to family law, which are ready, may be listed for hearing through video-conferencing mode subject to availability of the concerned bench and prior approval of the Chief Justice of India.

“The parties desirous of taking up such matters for hearing through video conferencing, may furnish their joint consent along with particulars of the matter(s) at the earliest, latest by April 24 2020, on the email address: consent.list@sci.nic.in,” the notice said.

In the wake of the COVID-19 nationwide lockdown being extended, the Supreme Court had earlier issued fresh guidelines and standard operating procedures (SOP) to be adopted by advocates and litigants during hearing of matters of “extreme urgency”.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday announced the extension of the three-week nationwide lockdown for another 19 days till May 3 to battle the coronavirus pandemic.

To prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus, the top court, since March 23, has restricted its functioning and only matters considered to be extremely urgent are being taken up by different benches through video-conferencing.

The circular had said Chief Justice of India S A Bobde would be constituting the benches during the period of the lockdown for hearing of matters considered extremely urgent in nature.

Besides highlighting the several modalities to be adopted by lawyers and litigants during hearings, the Supreme Court had also issued instructions for joining the hearings through its web-based video-conferencing system ‘VIDYO’.

Previous Post

Undesirable conduct of individuals shouldn’t dampen cooperation: Rijiju on Ministry-IOA tiff

Next Post

Lockdown has severely disrupted supply chains: Niti CEO

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Cong turned AI Summit into arena for its ‘gandi aur nangi’ politics: PM Modi

Ease of justice must for all, language of law should be local, simple: PM Modi
February 22, 2026

Meerut (UP): Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday came down heavily on the Congress over its "shirtless" protest at the...

Read moreDetails

FIR against Swami Avimukteshwaranand under POCSO Act

Tampering with smart meters: Govt mulls to lodge FIR against 272 consumers in Sgr
February 22, 2026

Lucknow (UP):  An FIR was lodged in Prayagraj against Swami Avimukteshwaranand Saraswati and his disciple Mukundanand Brahmachari over allegations of...

Read moreDetails

Kerala Story 2 propaganda film aimed at polarisation: John Brittas

Kerala Story 2 propaganda film aimed at polarisation: John Brittas
February 22, 2026

New Delhi:  The Kerala Story 2 is a "propaganda" movie aimed at creating polarisation ahead of the upcoming Assembly elections...

Read moreDetails

Modi-Lula talks: India, Brazil set USD 20-billion annual trade target, sign critical minerals pact

Modi-Lula talks: India, Brazil set USD 20-billion annual trade target, sign critical minerals pact
February 21, 2026

New Delhi:  India and Brazil on Saturday set an annual bilateral trade target of USD 20 billion in the next...

Read moreDetails

Infiltrators to be removed not only from electoral rolls but also from country in next 5 years: Shah

Culprits involved in JK terror attack won’t be spared, says Amit Shah
February 21, 2026

Guwahati: Asserting that if India can be free of Naxals, it can also be free of infiltrators, Union Home Minister...

Read moreDetails

Shirtless protest: Court sends arrested IYC workers to 5-day police custody

City court convicts 2 persons in acid attack case
February 21, 2026

New Delhi:  A Delhi court on Saturday sent the four Indian Youth Congress (IYC) workers, who were arrested for protesting...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Lockdown has severely disrupted supply chains: Niti CEO

Lockdown has severely disrupted supply chains: Niti CEO

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.