• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, February 21, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Govt could consider suggestions for cash transfer to unemployed workers: Niti Aayog VC

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
March 31, 2020
in NATION
A A
0
Govt could consider suggestions for cash transfer to unemployed workers: Niti Aayog VC
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi:  The government could consider suggestions for direct transfer of cash to unemployed workers, including migrant workers, to compensate them for loss of livelihood in the wake of the 21-day lockdown to curb spreading of coronavirus infections, Niti Aayog Vice Chairman Rajiv Kumar said on Monday.

Following the nationwide lockdown, which will be in place till April 14, thousands of migrant workers from Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and other states have started returning back to their home states from various cities, including Delhi and Mumbai.

More News

PM discusses potential of harnessing AI in agri, edu with CEOs of AI & deeptech startups

Answer to ‘abject surrender’ lies in ‘grips’, ‘chokes’ placed on PM: Rahul on India-US trade deal

Congress left borders open, leading to infiltration in Assam, alleges Amit Shah

Load More

Kumar said the Centre and state governments have made big arrangements for migrant workers in different parts of the country where their sustenance is taken care of.

The central government has also received suggestions for direct cash transfer to unemployed workers, he said.

“As far as the loss of cash income (of migrant workers due to the countrywide lockdown) is concerned, I think the government may consider at some stage giving them cash through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) scheme to compensate them for loss of employment on account of the 21-day lockdown,” Kumar told PTI in an interview.

The option of direct cash transfer might be considered for unemployed workers, including migrant workers, he noted.

Even though most migrant workers have mobile phones and bank accounts, Kumar said it would still be difficult to transfer cash to them because they are in an unorganised segment.

“Nonetheless, some ways can be found through industry organisations, through employer organisations to identify them and compensate them to some extent for loss of their cash incomes,” Kumar said.

According to him, there are two negative impacts due to the lockdown on migrant workers.

“One is sustenance, which means food and shelter, and second is the loss of cash income. The first is already being taken care of and the second, I think, as and when need arises will be taken care of by the Centre and state governments working together,” he said.

Last week, the government announced a Rs 1.7 lakh crore stimulus package that includes free foodgrains and cooking gas to poor people for three months as well as cash doles to women and poor senior citizens to alleviate the financial impact due to the lockdown.

 

 

 

Previous Post

Pak PM plans roadmap to ensure uninterrupted food supplies as coronavirus cases rise to 1,664

Next Post

Div Com reviews preparedness of I&FC

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

PM discusses potential of harnessing AI in agri, edu with CEOs of AI & deeptech startups

Take part in ‘Your Money, Your Right’ movement: PM Modi
February 20, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday discussed the potential of harnessing artificial intelligence technology in various sectors like...

Read moreDetails

Answer to ‘abject surrender’ lies in ‘grips’, ‘chokes’ placed on PM: Rahul on India-US trade deal

PM Modi ‘specimen’ of people who thinks they know more than God: Rahul Gandhi; BJP says Rahul ‘fake Gandhi’, ‘insults’ India
February 20, 2026

New Delhi:  Stepping up his attack on the government over the interim US trade deal, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on...

Read moreDetails

Congress left borders open, leading to infiltration in Assam, alleges Amit Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
February 20, 2026

Nathanpur (Assam): Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Friday accused the Congress of leaving the country's borders open, which led...

Read moreDetails

Youth Congress workers hold ‘shirtless protest’ at AI Summit, 10 detained

February 20, 2026

New Delhi:  A group of Indian Youth Congress workers on Friday staged a dramatic 'shirtless protest' at an AI Impact...

Read moreDetails

‘Shameful’: Union ministers slam Congress for shirtless protest by IYC at AI Summit

February 20, 2026

New Delhi:  A host of Union ministers on Friday slammed the Congress for a dramatic 'shirtless protest' staged by its...

Read moreDetails

India joins over 100 countries in condemning Israel’s ‘unilateral’ decisions in West Bank

India joins over 100 countries in condemning Israel’s ‘unilateral’ decisions in West Bank
February 19, 2026

United Nations: India has joined over 100 countries and global organisations in condemning Israel's "unilateral" decisions and measures aimed at...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Ensure smooth movement of essential service vehicles: Div Com to DCs

Div Com reviews preparedness of I&FC

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.