• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Delhi lockdown: Anti-CAA protesters removed from Shaheen Bagh, 9 detained

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
March 24, 2020
in Latest News, NATION
A A
0
Tears and defiance as Shaheen Bagh protesters meet SC interlocutors
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi:  People protesting against the citizenship law at Shaheen Bagh were removed by the Delhi Police on Tuesday morning amid the coronavirus lockdown in the national capital, officials said.

A total of nine protesters including six women were detained and taken to a nearby police station, Deputy Commissioner of Police (southeast) R P Meena said.

More News

Meghwal hints at early decision on J&K statehood issue

Justice delayed is justice denied: CM Omar

BJP’s MLA says will withdraw remarks if found against any community

Load More

The agitators, mostly women, had been on a sit-in at the site for over three months to protest the newly amended Citizenship Act .

People were requested to vacate the site as a lockdown has been imposed due to the coronavirus outbreak. However, action was taken when refused to move, Meena said.

About 50 protesters including men were at the venue when it was vacated.

“Most of the protesters vacated the site after police made an appeal but a few refused. So, police detained them,” a volunteer at the site requesting anonymity said.

A decision about resuming the protest will be taken after the coronavirus situation comes under control, he added.

On Sunday, during the ‘Janta curfew’, only five women were at the site while others had left their slippers as a symbol of solidarity.

The women were taking all precautions amid the coronavirus outbreak and sanitisers had been arranged at the venue to ensure utmost hygiene, the volunteer said.

Unidentified men had hurled “inflammable substance” near the site on Sunday but none of the five women protesters present there were injured.

Meanwhile, the protest site at South Delhi’s Hauz Rani too was cleared after the Delhi Police made an appeal on Tuesday morning.

The protest site was cleared at around 7 am, said Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) Atul Kumar Thakur.

Only two-three protesters were staging a protest against the newly amended citizenship law at the venue. After we made an appeal, they left the spot, he said.

Previous Post

Civilian injured in Pak shelling along IB in J&K’s Kathua

Next Post

EC defers Rajya Sabha polls scheduled for March 26 in view of coronavirus outbreak

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Meghwal hints at early decision on J&K statehood issue

Minister Meghwal pitches for mechanism to prioritise court cases involving defence personnel
February 17, 2026

Srinagar: Union Minister of State (I/C) for Law and Justice, Arjun Ram Meghwal, on Tuesday said that Jammu and Kashmir...

Read moreDetails

Justice delayed is justice denied: CM Omar

IWT caused long-term harm to J&K, suspension will restore water rights: CM Omar Abdullah
February 17, 2026

Srinagar: Underscoring the critical role of Tele-Law in easing pressure on courts and ensuring timely justice, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah...

Read moreDetails

BJP’s MLA says will withdraw remarks if found against any community

BJP MLA says people from Kashmir valley encroaching upon land in Jammu, triggers uproar in House
February 17, 2026

Jammu: BJP MLA Vikram Randhawa on Tuesday said that he would retract his words if he had made remarks against...

Read moreDetails

Over 17.27 lakh kanals of state land encroached in J&K, 14.29 lakh recovered: Govt informs house

J&K Assembly approves demand for grants of Rs 1,69,2 crore for six departments
February 17, 2026

Srinagar: The Government on Tuesday informed the House that over 17.27 lakh kanals of state land have been encroached across...

Read moreDetails

Remarks of BJP MLA against Kashmiris echo in House

Uproar in Assembly over CM’s remarks for 2nd consecutive day
February 17, 2026

Jammu: MLA Langate Sheikh Khursheed Ahmad on Tuesday raised the issue of remarks made by BJP MLA Vikram Randhawa, who...

Read moreDetails

DPR for Sadhna tunnel in Kupwara underway, Govt tells house

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
February 17, 2026

Srinagar: The Government of Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday informed the House that the Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Election notification for Baramulla, Jammu issued

EC defers Rajya Sabha polls scheduled for March 26 in view of coronavirus outbreak

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.