• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, August 31, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Coronavirus: Primary classes of all schools in Delhi to remain closed till March 31

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
March 6, 2020
in NATION
A A
0
Coronavirus: Primary classes of all schools in Delhi to remain closed till March 31
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi, Mar 5 :  The primary classes of all schools in the national capital will remain closed till March 31 to prevent a possibility of spread of coronavirus, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia announced on Thursday.

According to Directorate of Education (DoE) officials, while elaborate guidelines have been issued about preventive measures for coronavirus, students of nursery and primary classes are too young to understand the risk, making them more prone to infectious diseases.

Related posts

PM Modi lands in China; all eyes on his talks with President Xi on Sunday

PM Modi lands in China; all eyes on his talks with President Xi on Sunday

August 30, 2025
NDA govt at Centre ‘crippled’; opposition dealt fatal blow to BJP: Rahul Gandhi

Revolution ignited by ‘Voter Adhikar Yatra’ began in Bihar, will spread to entire country: Rahul

August 30, 2025

Sisodia, who also holds the education portfolio, tweeted, “As a precautionary measure to prevent the possibility of spread of COVID-19 amongst our children, Delhi Government has directed immediate closure of all primary schools (Govt/ aided/ private/MCD/NDMC) till 31/3/20(sic).”

A senior DoE official said, “Elaborate guidelines have already been issued. However, students of nursery and primary classes are too young to understand the risks associated with COVID-19. Thus they are more prone to infectious diseases and mingle around with classmates more often.”

“It will be good if they are trained in the do’s and dont’s under the care and supervision of their parents at home. However, students of classes other than primary will continue to come to schools or examination centres for writing their examination as per schedule. The teaching as well as non-teaching staff will also attend regular school,” the official said.

As of now, the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the country stands at 30, including 16 Italian tourists. The figure includes the first three cases reported from Kerala last month who have already been discharged following recovery.

Alerted by the coronavirus case reported in Delhi-NCR, schools in the region have sent out advisories to parents suggesting that they do not send their wards to attend classes even in case of mild cough or cold, and saying that they may declare holidays if the need arises. A few schools have announced already holidays and others have advanced their spring break.

Previous Post

Two-day workshop on strengthening electronic-PDS concludes

Next Post

South Africa reports first coronavirus case

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Next Post
Don’t need to panic over coronavirus, situation not on UNSC agenda for March: China’s UN envoy

South Africa reports first coronavirus case

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ePaper

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.