• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, August 29, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

‘Will ensure no subversive activity takes place in J&K during Trump’s India visit’

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
February 20, 2020
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Truck driver ferrying militants, cousin of Pulwama suicide bomber: DGP
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar, Feb 19: Police on Wednesday said it will take all measures to ensure that militants are not able to carry out any subversive activity in the Union territory during US President Donald Trump’s visit to the country next week.

“We are taking all necessary measures…we are hopeful that this visit (of the US president) will pass off peacefully,” Director General of Police (DGP) Dilbagh Singh told reporters here.

Related posts

Water starts receding in Jhelum, flood threat eases, BUT…

Water starts receding in Jhelum, flood threat eases, BUT…

August 29, 2025
   Two killings/deaths in J&K, people want answers

4 more bodies found as post-flood rescue work continues in Jammu

August 29, 2025

He was responding to a question on intelligence inputs suggesting that militant outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed might carry out a major attack on the eve of Trump’s visit to India.

Singh said foreign dignitaries visited Jammu and Kashmir recently and their visits passed off without any incident.

“Two groups (of ambassadors) visited Jammu and Kashmir and they left without any incident taking place here,” he said.

The DGP said Pakistan was trying its best to keep the militancy going in Jammu and Kashmir by sending in militants from across the Line of Control (LoC) and the international border under the cover of ceasefire violations, especially after the abrogation of Article 370 of the Constitution, which gave a special status to the erstwhile state of Jammu and Kashmir, on August 05 last year.

“The number of ceasefire violations has increased after August 05 (2019). Pakistan is trying to keep the borders hot in order to push in as many terrorists as possible. While some attempts of infiltration have been successful, many have been foiled,” he said.

Singh said a Pakistani drone recently flew over a BSF picket in the Gagwal area of the Jammu region for around 10 minutes, but was pulled back after the troops of the border-guarding force opened fire.

In response to a question, the DGP said he would not be able to give the exact number of militants waiting to infiltrate into Jammu and Kashmir from across the LoC, but maintained that militant launchpads were active during the winter months as well.

“Normally, there would not be much activity at the launchpads during the winter months as snow would cover the passes. This winter, however, the movement at the luanchpads did not reduce,” he said.

Previous Post

Snowfall, rains expected on Herath night: MeT

Next Post

Police to act against misuse of social media: DGP

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Next Post
DGP visits south Kashmir, reviews security preparedness for elections

Police to act against misuse of social media: DGP

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ePaper

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.