• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Thursday, February 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

2G mobile data service extended till Feb 15: Official

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
February 7, 2020
in Latest News
A A
0
Mobile internet restored in Srinagar

Representational Photo

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Jammu, Feb 7: The Jammu and Kashmir administration on Friday announced the extension of the 2G mobile data service in the union territory till February 15.

The order to this effect was issued by Principal Secretary, Home Department, Shaleen Kabra, here in the evening. It also increased the whitelisted sites available for mobile data users in the union territory to 481.

More News

Ramadan moon sighted in J&K: Grand Mufti

LG Manoj Sinha, CM Omar Abdullah hail J&K’s historic entry into Ranji Trophy final

Jammu and Kashmir storm into maiden Ranji Trophy final

Load More

The order said Kabra reviewed the restrictions on mobile data services with regard to its impact on the overall security situation and after due consideration of reports of law enforcement agencies, which have, among other things, brought out the usage of the internet for carrying out terror activities at various places as well as use of Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) for this purpose despite measures taken by the telecom service providers (TSP).

The order referred to the recent encounter at Ban Toll Plaza in the Nagrota area of Jammu; grenade attack in Pratap Park, Srinagar and a gunfight near Shalteng on Srinagar-Baramulla National Highway.

While three Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorists were killed and three overground workers arrested when security forces intercepted a Kashmir-bound truck at Nagrota on the Jammu-Srinagar national highway, eight persons including two CRPF jawans were injured in the grenade attack in Srinagar. Two terrorists were killed and another arrested near Shalteng when they were intercepted by security forces while moving towards Srinagar.

“…The directions or restrictions contained in dated January 31 shall continue to remain operative till February 15, unless modified earlier,” Kabra said in the order.

The 2G internet facility on mobile phones was restored for a week in Jammu and Kashmir on January 25 after remaining suspended since August 5 last year when the Centre announced nullification of Article 370 of the Constitution applicable to the erstwhile state and also bifurcated it into union territories — Ladakh, and Jammu and Kashmir.

It was reviewed on January 31 and was extended for another week, which was ending on Friday.

Previous Post

JK admin orders postings, transfers of police officers

Next Post

JK Tourism Dept conducts roadshow at Bhubaneswar

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Ramadan moon sighted in J&K: Grand Mufti

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
February 18, 2026

Srinagar: The first fast of the holy month of Ramadan will be observed in Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday, as...

Read moreDetails

LG Manoj Sinha, CM Omar Abdullah hail J&K’s historic entry into Ranji Trophy final

J&K leaders grieve plane crash deaths
February 18, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday extended their congratulations to the Jammu and Kashmir...

Read moreDetails

Jammu and Kashmir storm into maiden Ranji Trophy final

Nabi’s nine-for neutralises Shami’s 8/90 as J&K have one foot on Ranji Trophy final door
February 18, 2026

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir scripted the biggest moment in their cricketing history by qualifying for the Ranji Trophy final for...

Read moreDetails

Govt examines proposal for new bridge near Convent School, GPO in Srinagar

Govt examines proposal for new bridge near Convent School, GPO in Srinagar
February 18, 2026

Srinagar: The proposal for construction of a new bridge near Convent School and General Post Office (GPO) in Srinagar is...

Read moreDetails

EOW, Kashmir conducts raids in Shopian, Budgam in HDFC Bank fraud case, five employees nabbed

Drug peddler held in Budgam
February 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Economic Offences Wing, Kashmir of Crime Branch J&K on Wednesday said to have arrested five employees of HDFC...

Read moreDetails

CM Abdullah reviews Ramazan arrangements

IWT caused long-term harm to J&K, suspension will restore water rights: CM Omar Abdullah
February 18, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today chaired a high-level meeting to review arrangements for the holy month of Ramazan across...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
JK Tourism Dept conducts roadshow at Bhubaneswar

JK Tourism Dept conducts roadshow at Bhubaneswar

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.