• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, August 29, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home WORLD

Erdogan says US refusal to deliver F-35 jets would be ‘robbery’

AFP/ PTI by AFP/ PTI
July 5, 2019
in WORLD
A A
0
Erdogan says US refusal to deliver F-35 jets would be ‘robbery’
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Ankara, Jul 4 :  President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said it would be “robbery” for the United States to deny Turkey the F-35 fighter jets it has bought, according to comments published on Thursday.

Turkey-US ties are under serious strain over Ankara’s purchase of the Russian S-400 air defence system, which is due for delivery in the coming days.

Related posts

China denies hidden motives after hosting Iran-Saudi talks

China welcomes PM Modi’s planned visit to attend SCO summit

August 8, 2025
China says it was smeared in Biden State of the Union speech

China says Sino-India border dispute complicated, takes time; Ready to discuss delimitation

June 30, 2025

In response, Washington has threatened to cancel Turkey’s order of 116 F-35 fighter jets and kick it off the training and production programme, as well as wider economic sanctions.

“If you seek a customer, and a customer comes forward and makes payments like clockwork, how can you not give that customer their goods? This would be robbery,” Erdogan was quoted as saying by Hurriyet daily.

He said Turkey had already paid USD1.4 billion, while its defence industry has ploughed significant sums into the warplanes’ production.

The acting US defence secretary, Patrick Shanahan, wrote a letter to Ankara last month, warning that Turkish pilots would be expelled from the US if the S-400 deal was not cancelled by July 31.

But after meeting his US counterpart Donald Trump on the sidelines of the G20 summit in Japan on Saturday, Erdogan said he had been assured there would be no sanctions.

Trump blamed the previous adminstration of Barack Obama for failing to finalise a deal for Turkey to buy the American Patriot system instead of the S-400.

Turkey has previously said Russia offered a better deal including joint production.

In his latest comments, Erdogan said Trump’s attitude was “praiseworthy”.

 

Previous Post

AK Misra appointed as Additional Director JK Bank BOD

Next Post

CEC Kargil expresses gratitude to Governor Admin for creation of 495 posts for Ladakh division

AFP/ PTI

AFP/ PTI

Next Post
CEC Kargil calls high level meeting

CEC Kargil expresses gratitude to Governor Admin for creation of 495 posts for Ladakh division

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ePaper

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.