• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, February 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Saudi crown prince says kingdom isn’t seeking war in region

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
June 16, 2019
in Latest News
A A
0
In Islam, women are equal to men: Saudi Crown Prince
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Dubai, Jun16: Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman said in remarks published Sunday that the kingdom is not seeking war in the region, but warned it will not hesitate to confront threats to its security.

His comments came just days after the US blamed Iran for suspected attacks on two oil tankers near the strategic Strait of Hormuz, denouncing what it called a campaign of “escalating tensions” in a region crucial to global energy supplies.

More News

CM Omar says Kishtwar DC issued directive on religious leaders request

62 of 65 AMRUT schemes under execution in J&K: Govt informs House

Infiltration bid foiled along LoC in Rajouri: Army

Load More

The US alleges Iran used limpet mines to target the tankers, pointing to black-and-white footage it captured that American officials describe as Iranian Revolutionary Guard troops removing an unexploded mine from the Kokuka Courageous.

Iran has rejected the US claim that it was responsible for Thursday’s attacks, saying it stands ready to play an active and constructive role in ensuring the security of strategic maritime passages.

Iran has also been accused of being behind the May 12 attacks on four oil tankers off the coast of the United Arab Emirates. Two of those vessels belonged to Saudi Arabia.

In his first public comments since the start of these incidents, the powerful Saudi prince, who is also defence minister and oversees all major levers of power in the country, said the attacks “confirm the importance of our demands of the international community to take a decisive stance” against Iran’s behaviour.

“The kingdom does not seek war in the region, but we will not hesitate to deal with any threat to our people, sovereignty and vital interests,” he said in an interview with the Arabic newspaper, Asharq al-Awsat.

He accused rival Iran of using militias to destabilise the region.

He also touted US-Saudi relations as “essential to achieving regional security and stability.”

“The problem is in Tehran and not anywhere else,” he said.

“Iran is always the party that’s escalating in the region, carrying out terrorist attacks and criminal attacks either directly or through its militias.”

In recent days, Yemeni rebels known as Houthis claimed responsibility for a missile strike on a Saudi airport in the city of Abha that the kingdom said wounded 26 passengers.

The Houthis also carried out a drone strike last month on a key Saudi oil pipeline.

Saudi Arabia accuses Iran of arming and training the rebels, which the kingdom has been at war against in Yemen since early 2015.

“The choice before Iran is clear. Do you want to be a normal state with a constructive role in the international community or do you want to be a rogue state?” the crown prince was quoted as saying.

His comments mirrored those made by his father, King Salman, at emergency summits held in Mecca last month that drew heads of state from Arab and Muslim countries to address the sharp rise in tensions with Iran.

Thursday’s apparent attacks in the Strait of Hormuz forced the evacuation of all 44 sailors aboard the two vessels.

On Saturday, Associated Press journalists saw the crew members of the Norwegian-owned oil tanker MT Front Altair arrive at Dubai International Airport, after spending two days in Iran.

The Front Altair, which caught fire after the apparent attack, limped into anchorage Sunday off the eastern coast of the United Arab Emirates, near the port city of Khorfakkan. (AP)

Previous Post

Doctors’ stir in WB enters sixth day, venue for talks with CM yet to be decided

Next Post

Heatwave claims 44 lives in Bihar

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

CM Omar says Kishtwar DC issued directive on religious leaders request

J&K Assembly passes grants for departments under CM after a two-day debate
February 20, 2026

Jammu: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday told the J&K Legislative Assembly that the Deputy Commissioner of Kishtwar issued the...

Read moreDetails

62 of 65 AMRUT schemes under execution in J&K: Govt informs House

J&K’s debt at Rs 1.37 lakh cr for FY25 to be offset by increased GSDP: CM Abdullah
February 20, 2026

Srinagar: The government on Friday informed the House that 65 Water Supply Schemes have been sanctioned for the Union Territory...

Read moreDetails

Infiltration bid foiled along LoC in Rajouri: Army

Maj Gen A P S Bal takes over as GOC of Delta force
February 20, 2026

Jammu, Feb 19: An infiltration attempt by terrorists was scuttled by troops of the Indian Army along the Line of...

Read moreDetails

Soldier shoots self dead at Army camp in Jammu

Army man shoots self dead
February 20, 2026

  Jammu: A soldier allegedly shot himself dead with his service rifle at an Army camp here, officials said on...

Read moreDetails

J&K among 22 states, UTs asks by EC to prepare for next phase of SIR in April

Nomination of 35 candidates rejected for first phase of J&K Assembly polls
February 19, 2026

New Delhi: The Election Commission on Thursday asked 22 states and Union Territories to complete preparatory work related to the...

Read moreDetails

Man from Pulwama posing as NIA officer to dupe job-seekers held from Red Fort area

CBI, ED, police don’t arrest people through video calls: Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre
February 19, 2026

New Delhi:  A man from Jammu and Kashmir was apprehended by Delhi Police near Red Fort for allegedly posing as...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Jammu records hottest day, night temperatures

Heatwave claims 44 lives in Bihar

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.