• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 30, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Only stranded civilian vehicles allowed on Sgr-Jmu highway

KI News by KI News
May 13, 2019
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Only stranded civilian vehicles allowed on Sgr-Jmu highway
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar, May 12: Thousands of stranded civilian vehicles, mostly trucks carrying essential supplies to Kashmir, were allowed to run on Srinagar-Jammu national highway Sunday, the day reserved for exclusive movement of security convoys only.

The normal one-way traffic on the 270-km highway was affected since Wednesday following multiple landslides and continuous shooting of stones from the hillocks overlooking the arterial road at Digdole and adjoining areas in Ramban district.

Related posts

Lieutenant Governor Greets People on Independence Day

LG sets up 3-member panel to inquire into recent landslide on Vaishno Devi route

August 30, 2025
BJP broke alliance with PDP over discrimination against Jammu: MoS PMO

Illegal mining, encroachments aggravating landslides: Jitendra Singh

August 30, 2025

Though the highway was cleared of the debris and the stranded Srinagar-bound vehicles allowed to move towards their destinations Saturday morning, there were still over 4,000 vehicles, mostly trucks, stranded at various places on the highway.

“It was decided that only stranded civilian vehicles will be allowed on the highway this Sunday in view of the road blockade over the past couple of days. There will be no movement of security convoys from either Srinagar or Jammu,” a Traffic department official said.

He said the civilian traffic is moving smoothly and over 4,500 Srinagar-bound vehicles have crossed the Jawahar Tunnel, the gateway to Kashmir Valley, over the past 24 hours after the restoration of the highway.

“We are hopeful of clearing all stranded vehicles during the day to allow normal one-way traffic from Srinagar to Jammu on Monday,” the official said.

Traffic on the highway is plying alternatively from the twin capitals of Srinagar and Jammu.

On April 07, the Governor administration imposed restrictions on civilian traffic on the highway twice a week — on Sundays and Wednesdays — after a Jaish-e-Mohammed suicide attacker rammed his explosives-laden vehicle into a CRPF convoy, killing 40 personnel on February 14.

However, the restrictions on the civilian traffic were completely lifted from Srinagar to Baramulla stretch of the highway earlier this month, while the restrictions along Udhampur-Srinagar was restricted to Sundays from May 23.

Previous Post

1 feared dead, 2 injured as 2 trucks fell into gorges along Sgr-Jmu highway

Next Post

ISIS announces new ‘branch’ in India

KI News

KI News

Kashmir Images is an English language daily newspaper published from Srinagar (J&K), India. The newspaper is one of the largest circulated English dailies of Kashmir and its hard copies reach every nook and corner of Kashmir Valley besides Jammu and Ladakh region.

Next Post
ISIS announces new ‘branch’ in India

ISIS announces new 'branch' in India

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ePaper

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.