• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, February 21, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

BJP protests in Srinagar against security withdrawal of political workers

Majid Kapra by Majid Kapra
May 8, 2019
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
BJP protests in Srinagar against security withdrawal of political workers

Photo/Kashmir Images

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp
Photo/Kashmir Images

Srinagar, May 07: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Tuesday held a protest at Press Enclave in Srinagar against the security withdrawal of the political workers in Jammu and Kashmir.

Scores of BJP workers assembled at the Press Enclave and demanded protection to their workers. The protestors were led by BJP state general secretary (organization) Ashok Kaul, who surrendered his security to protest against the withdrawal of security to the party activists by the government and the killing of party’ district vice-president for Anantnag, Gul Mohammad Mir by militants on Saturday.

More News

CM Abdullah pledges time-bound recruitment

LG calls for establishing India as ultimate sanctuary of knowledge, intellectual wealth

Govt orders several transfers, postings

Load More

“I will also not take any security till the same is not provided to other political workers as well,” Kaul told media men.

Kaul said he was surrendering his security as a mark of protest till all political activists in the state were given security.

Condemning Mir’s killing, the BJP state general secretary said the party leader’s killing was a failure of the state administration.

“He (Mir) was given security in June 2018 after we requested the government. A constable and a SPO were provided to him. But unfortunately, the constable was withdrawn in December 2018. After that, his house was attacked, but he fought and saved not only himself but the SPO as well,” Kaul said.

“I had written to SSP Anantnag on 13 January 2019 for providing him security once again. I was told that he had no threat and should return home as he was putting up at party office at Jawahar Nagar (in Srinagar). Afterwards, the SPO was also withdrawn. The (government’s) grievance cell also wrote to the police last month to provide him security, but it was not. This is the failure of the administration,” he said.

Kaul asked why was security provided to Mir in 2018 if he had no threat and held the state administration responsible for his killing.

“If he (Mir) had no threat, then why were the two guards provided to him in the first place. I hold this administration responsible for doing this (withdrawal of security) and having him martyred,” the BJP leader said.

Kaul said he had sent Mir home from Srinagar after about two months as the police gave him an assurance that Mir’s life was not in danger.

“So, I also hold myself guilty and hence surrender my security and will not take it back till security is given to all political activists. When my workers are not secure, then why should I take the security? I am surrendering my security as a mark of protest,” he said.

Kaul demanded the arrest of Mir’s killers and asked the government to provide security to all political activists in the Kashmir Valley.

The BJP’ state general secretary later took an auto-rickshaw from the Press Colony and left behind the vehicle and the security personnel assigned to him there.

Meanwhile in Jammu, another party general secretary Yudhvir Sethi Tuesday said the recent withdrawal of security to political activists was an “immature decision” of security agencies.

He urged the Governor administration to review the entire security setup by convening a meeting of police, civil administration and the Estates department so that those facing genuine threat could be provided immediate protection and government accommodation.

Sethi also demanded that the officials who recommended the withdrawal of the security cover should be taken to task.

Sethi demanded protection for all political leaders “actively serving society” and the withdrawal of the security cover to those “misusing the state apparatus” for their personal gains and status symbol.

Previous Post

Man attempts suicide in open courtroom in Bandipora

Next Post

NIA files chargesheet against two Kashmiris

Majid Kapra

Majid Kapra

majidkapra@gmail.com

Related Posts

CM Abdullah pledges time-bound recruitment

CM Abdullah pledges time-bound recruitment
February 21, 2026

Jammu: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday reiterated that his government is committed to filling vacancies in a time-bound manner,...

Read moreDetails

LG calls for establishing India as ultimate sanctuary of knowledge, intellectual wealth

LG calls for establishing India as ultimate sanctuary of knowledge, intellectual wealth
February 21, 2026

Jammu: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Friday offered a threefold resolution for the future: “We must transform India into the...

Read moreDetails

Govt orders several transfers, postings

Govt orders transfers in administration 
February 21, 2026

Jammu: The Govt today ordered postings and transfers of several IAS and JKAS officers, vide Order No. 230-JK(GAD) of 2026...

Read moreDetails

Rahul Gandhi condemns ‘attacks’ on Kashmiris

Time to usher back era of people-centric governance across India: Rahul
February 21, 2026

New Delhi: Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Rahul Gandhi has condemned the alleged attacks on Kashmiri students and...

Read moreDetails

Include 50% import duty on apples, save J&K’s fruit industry: Mehbooba Mufti to PM

This moment in the Valley
February 21, 2026

Srinagar: Emphasising that the interim Indo-US trade deal would take a toll on the nation's farmers and fruit growers, PDP...

Read moreDetails

Post-2019, tourist footfall in J&K surged: Govt

Snow, rain lash Kashmir as mercury dips
February 21, 2026

Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government said that the Union Territory has witnessed a sharp surge in tourist arrivals in...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
NIA raids Srinagar central jail

NIA files chargesheet against two Kashmiris

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.