• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, February 21, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Killing of political activists not linked with security withdrawal: Guv

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
May 7, 2019
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Killing of political activists not linked with security withdrawal: Guv

Photo/Javed Khan

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp
Photo/Javed Khan

Srinagar, May 06: Governor Satya Pal Malik Monday said it was wrong to link the withdrawal of security from certain people with the killing of political activists by militants in the Valley.

He was addressing a press conference at the civil secretariat here, which reopened on Monday after functioning in winter capital Jammu for six months as part of the nearly 150-year-old practice of ‘Darbar Move’.

More News

CM Abdullah pledges time-bound recruitment

LG calls for establishing India as ultimate sanctuary of knowledge, intellectual wealth

Govt orders several transfers, postings

Load More

When asked that BJP’s district vice-president for Anantnag, Gul Mohammad Mir, who was killed by militants on Saturday, became a “soft target” as his security had been withdrawn, Malik said certain quarters were spreading “rumours” that the killing took place due to the withdrawal of security.

“This is disinformation, he (Mir) was never categorised. I regret (the killing). There have been some other killings recently which are unfortunate, but it is totally wrong to link them with security withdrawal because the persons were never categorised and no security was withdrawn from them.

“It is a rumour which has been spread and that is why I said the chief secretary will see if security withdrawal played any part in these killings or not,” he said.

Malik on Sunday had ordered an inquiry into the killings of political activists belonging to various parties in the state in the last few months.

The Governor had asked Chief Secretary B V R Subrahmanyam for identifying any lapses on the part of security agencies regarding ensuring security of political people.

Malik also said a high-level meeting would be called to review the safety and security aspects of all political leaders and sarpanches in the state.

Asked about incidents of violence during polls in south Kashmir, Malik said, “Despite that, people are coming out to vote and voting is going on.”

The Governor also said the Election Commission of India will take a call regarding the conduct of the Assembly polls in the state.

“It is not my domain,” he added.

Claiming that his administration was alive to the problems of the people, Malik said, “The kind of development that has taken place in the last seven months, has not been done in years in the past…We are alive to every problem. My phone is on 24 hours and I take calls or messages myself, which no one had done before!”

BJP blames withdrawal of security for Mir’s killing, stages protest

Jammu, May 06: The Jammu and Kashmir unit of the BJP Monday staged a protest here against the recent killing of its senior leader Gul Mohammad Mir by militants and sought adequate security to political workers facing threat.

Led by state party president Ravinder Raina, scores of BJP leaders and workers assembled outside the Press Club here to protest against the killing.

Mir was shot dead by militants in his house at Nowgam-Verinag in Anantnag district of south Kashmir late Saturday night.

Raina said despite facing a threat to his life, the security of Mir was withdrawn about three months ago leaving him vulnerable to attack by militants.

“We seek intervention of President Ram Nath Kovind to restore the security of all political activists facing threat to their lives, irrespective of their political affiliation, forthwith,” he said.

Former deputy chief minister Kavinder Gupta said the State administration was equally responsible for the killing of Mir because his security was withdrawn.

“An inquiry has been ordered and the administration should identify the person who deliberately withdrew his security and he should not be spared,” Gupta said. (PTI)

Previous Post

Darbar reopens in Srinagar for summer stint

Next Post

Deserted roads, near-empty booths mark polling in Pulwama, Shopian

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

CM Abdullah pledges time-bound recruitment

CM Abdullah pledges time-bound recruitment
February 21, 2026

Jammu: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday reiterated that his government is committed to filling vacancies in a time-bound manner,...

Read moreDetails

LG calls for establishing India as ultimate sanctuary of knowledge, intellectual wealth

LG calls for establishing India as ultimate sanctuary of knowledge, intellectual wealth
February 21, 2026

Jammu: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Friday offered a threefold resolution for the future: “We must transform India into the...

Read moreDetails

Govt orders several transfers, postings

Govt orders transfers in administration 
February 21, 2026

Jammu: The Govt today ordered postings and transfers of several IAS and JKAS officers, vide Order No. 230-JK(GAD) of 2026...

Read moreDetails

Rahul Gandhi condemns ‘attacks’ on Kashmiris

Time to usher back era of people-centric governance across India: Rahul
February 21, 2026

New Delhi: Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Rahul Gandhi has condemned the alleged attacks on Kashmiri students and...

Read moreDetails

Include 50% import duty on apples, save J&K’s fruit industry: Mehbooba Mufti to PM

This moment in the Valley
February 21, 2026

Srinagar: Emphasising that the interim Indo-US trade deal would take a toll on the nation's farmers and fruit growers, PDP...

Read moreDetails

Post-2019, tourist footfall in J&K surged: Govt

Snow, rain lash Kashmir as mercury dips
February 21, 2026

Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government said that the Union Territory has witnessed a sharp surge in tourist arrivals in...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Deserted roads, near-empty booths mark polling in Pulwama, Shopian

Deserted roads, near-empty booths mark polling in Pulwama, Shopian

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.