• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, February 22, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

SC denies report that two judges met Justice Bobde on inquiry into allegations against CJI

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
May 6, 2019
in NATION
A A
0
SC denies report that two judges met Justice Bobde on inquiry into allegations against CJI
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi, May 5 :  The Supreme Court Sunday termed as “wholly incorrect” a media report that said that justices RF Nariman and DY Chandrachud met Justice SA Bobde, who is heading the in-house committee inquiring into sexual harassment allegations against Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi.

A statement issued by the office of the Supreme Court’s secretary general said it is “most unfortunate” that a leading newspaper chose to state that the two judges met Justice Bobde on Friday evening.

More News

Modi-Lula talks: India, Brazil set USD 20-billion annual trade target, sign critical minerals pact

Infiltrators to be removed not only from electoral rolls but also from country in next 5 years: Shah

Shirtless protest: Court sends arrested IYC workers to 5-day police custody

Load More

The statement said the in-house committee, which is deliberating on the issue concerning the CJI, deliberates on its own without any input from any other judge of the apex court.

A report in a leading newspaper Sunday stated that justices Nariman and Chandrachud had met Justice Bobde and had expressed their view that the three-member committee should not go ahead with the proceeding ex parte.

The former woman employee of the apex court, who levelled the sexual harassment allegations, had opted herself out of the inquiry raising several grievances, including denial of permission to have her lawyer during proceedings.

A source had earlier said the woman opted not to participate in the proceedings despite being told about consequence that the committee can go ahead with its task ex-parte. She had appeared before the panel for three days.

Justice Bobde on April 23 had told PTI, “This is going to be an in-house procedure which does not contemplate representation of advocate on behalf of parties. It is not a formal judicial proceeding.”

He had clarified that there is no time frame to complete the inquiry and future course of action will depend on “what comes out of the inquiry” which will be “confidential”.

The newspaper has stated that justices Nariman and Chandrachud had suggested appointment of an advocate as an amicus curie for assisting the  in-house committee.

Besides Justice Bobde, other members in the committee are two women judges of the apex court — justices Indu Malhotra and Indira Banerjee.

An official source Sunday that the in-house panel deliberates on its own and if any judge, as reported, makes any suggestion, it amounts to interference in proceedings of the committee.

The statement said, “It is most unfortunate that a leading newspaper has chosen to state that justices RF Nariman and DY Chandrachud together met Justice SA Bobde on Friday evening, i.e. on May 3, 2019. This is wholly incorrect. The in-house committee which is deliberating on the issue concerning the CJI, deliberates on its own without any input of any other judge of this court.”

Chief Justice Gogoi had Wednesday appeared before an in-house inquiry committee looking into allegations of sexual harassment levelled against him by a former woman employee of the Supreme Court.

Previous Post

LMD penalizes Pvt Company, nursing home for violating norms

Next Post

Keep banned groups in check during Ramazan:Pak interior ministry to provinces

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Modi-Lula talks: India, Brazil set USD 20-billion annual trade target, sign critical minerals pact

Modi-Lula talks: India, Brazil set USD 20-billion annual trade target, sign critical minerals pact
February 21, 2026

New Delhi:  India and Brazil on Saturday set an annual bilateral trade target of USD 20 billion in the next...

Read moreDetails

Infiltrators to be removed not only from electoral rolls but also from country in next 5 years: Shah

Culprits involved in JK terror attack won’t be spared, says Amit Shah
February 21, 2026

Guwahati: Asserting that if India can be free of Naxals, it can also be free of infiltrators, Union Home Minister...

Read moreDetails

Shirtless protest: Court sends arrested IYC workers to 5-day police custody

City court convicts 2 persons in acid attack case
February 21, 2026

New Delhi:  A Delhi court on Saturday sent the four Indian Youth Congress (IYC) workers, who were arrested for protesting...

Read moreDetails

PM discusses potential of harnessing AI in agri, edu with CEOs of AI & deeptech startups

Take part in ‘Your Money, Your Right’ movement: PM Modi
February 20, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday discussed the potential of harnessing artificial intelligence technology in various sectors like...

Read moreDetails

Answer to ‘abject surrender’ lies in ‘grips’, ‘chokes’ placed on PM: Rahul on India-US trade deal

PM Modi ‘specimen’ of people who thinks they know more than God: Rahul Gandhi; BJP says Rahul ‘fake Gandhi’, ‘insults’ India
February 20, 2026

New Delhi:  Stepping up his attack on the government over the interim US trade deal, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on...

Read moreDetails

Congress left borders open, leading to infiltration in Assam, alleges Amit Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
February 20, 2026

Nathanpur (Assam): Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Friday accused the Congress of leaving the country's borders open, which led...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Keep banned groups in check during Ramazan:Pak interior ministry to provinces

Keep banned groups in check during Ramazan:Pak interior ministry to provinces

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.