• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Govt withdraws restrictions on civilian traffic between Srinagar and Baramulla

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
May 2, 2019
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Army stages flag march in Kishtwar, situation tense but under control: Officials

File Photo

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar, May 01: Under immense pressure from various quarters, the Jammu and Kashmir administration Wednesday announced complete withdrawal of restrictions on civilian traffic movement between Srinagar and Baramulla.

The restrictions were put in place last month to facilitate movement of security forces’ convoys on the Jammu-Srinagar national highway (NH-44).

More News

LG orders re-opening of 14 tourist spots in J&K

PM Modi inaugurates India AI Impact Expo, interacts with startups

New Assembly complex to be ready by Oct 2027, says Dy CM Choudhary

Load More

There will be no restriction on movement of civilian traffic from tomorrow. The civilian traffic movement had been restricted on Wednesdays and Sundays to allow movement of security forces’ convoy, an official spokesman said.

The move to withdraw the restrictions came after severe criticism from political parties which had termed it a ‘tugluki farman’ (dictatorial order).

Several politicians, including National Conference president Farooq Abdullah and his son Omar Abdullah, and PDP president Mehbooba Mufti, had staged protests against the State government for imposing the restriction.

Officials in the State administration, on the condition of anonymity, said even Governor Satya Pal Malik was not happy with the decision. The order was issued by Home Secretary Shaleen Kabra, they said.

The decision was taken to facilitate smooth movement of security forces, but the order, according to officials engaged in counter-insurgency, was taken arbitrarily as the army had refused to adhere to it.

The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and police also felt that movement of convoys cannot be restricted to a particular day.

The State administration had imposed restriction on civilian traffic movement after the February 14 Pulwama attack in which 40 CRPF personnel lost their lives when an explosive laden vehicle hit a bus in their convoy.

The government had ordered that no civilian traffic would be there on Wednesday and Sunday of every week between 4 am to 5 pm.

However, the restriction between Srinagar and Barmulla was limited to only Sunday from April 22.

The State administration spokesman said the government is monitoring the convoy needs of security forces on real-time basis and making all attempts to minimise public inconvenience.

He said as indicated earlier, the government is aware of the needs of citizens and will seek to balance public convenience with requirements of security forces’ convoys.

“The government has once again reviewed the requirement of security forces. Following the successful conduct of elections in Kulgam and Anantnag districts and as the requirement of security forces is now reducing as they are de-inducted…the restriction on civilian movement between Srinagar and Baramulla on the NH-44 will be completely lifted” from tomorrow, he said.

However, the restrictions will continue between Srinagar and Udhampur, a distance of 202 kilometres, as earlier, the spokesman said.

These would be reviewed periodically and relaxation would be made as the need for restriction reduces, he said, adding that a complete review of restrictions on the highway would be done subsequently.

The government stated that “the purpose of these restrictions is in the larger interest of security of everyone and appealed to the people to extend full cooperation in the smooth regulation of traffic”.

Previous Post

Demand for ban on burqa will fan Islamophobia: Mehbooba

Next Post

Pak to ‘immediately’ enforce sanctions imposed on Azhar: FO

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

LG orders re-opening of 14 tourist spots in J&K

Universities must be powerhouse of ideas, ready to solve real-world problems: LG
February 17, 2026

Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Monday ordered the reopening of 14 tourist spots in the Union...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi inaugurates India AI Impact Expo, interacts with startups

PM Modi inaugurates India AI Impact Expo, interacts with startups
February 17, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday inaugurated the India AI Impact Expo here featuring over 600 high-potential startups...

Read moreDetails

New Assembly complex to be ready by Oct 2027, says Dy CM Choudhary

Dy CM reviews progress of NH Projects across Jammu division
February 17, 2026

Jammu:  Deputy Chief Minister Surinder Kumar Choudhary on Monday inspected the ongoing construction of the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly complex...

Read moreDetails

J&K Police busts Rs 209 crore interstate online investment scam; 9 arrested

Govt promotes 27 DySsP to Incharge Superintendents of Police
February 17, 2026

Srinagar:  Jammu and Kashmir Police has unearthed a Rs 209 crore interstate online investment scam in Ganderbal district, and arrested...

Read moreDetails

JK govt to survey 10 districts on drug abuse

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
February 17, 2026

Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government will survey drug abuse in 10 districts of the Union territory as it has...

Read moreDetails

Khelo India Winter Games starting from Feb 23, raises hopes of tourism revival in Gulmarg

5th National Ski Mountaineering Championship concludes at Gulmarg
February 17, 2026

Srinagar: The Khelo India Winter Games, starting from February 23 and to be held at Kashmir's Gulmarg, will witness participation...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Efforts on to resume dialogue with India: Pak FO

Pak to 'immediately' enforce sanctions imposed on Azhar: FO

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.