• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 30, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Indian govt pressurising Interpol for red corner notice: Zakir Naik

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
April 25, 2019
in Latest News
A A
0
HC refuses to grant relief to Zakir Naik
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Mumbai: Islamic preacher Zakir Naik on Thursday accused the Indian government of engaging in a “witch-hunt” and putting pressure on the Interpol to issue a red corner notice against him.

In a statement issued here, Naik, who fled India in 2016, said he was aware of the “pressure the Indian government was applying on the Interpol” to issue a red corner notice against him.

Related posts

Union Government sanctions massive connectivity push for J&K

LG Sinha anguished as Reasi, Ramban disasters kill 11 people; assures full support

August 30, 2025
44 killed in Peru bus accident

Ramban cloudburst toll reaches 4; one missing, rescue on

August 30, 2025

“It’s part of an elaborate witch-hunt. But having verified with a few member countries, I can confirm that there is no red corner notice against me as of date,” he claimed.

“One of the Indian newspapers seems to have jumped the gun and reported internal deliberations of the Indian government which, as a matter of fact, have been going on for over two years now,” he said.

Naik said the Interpol had already cancelled a red corner notice against him once.

“And it’s been one-and-a-half years since the government submitted a charge sheet and started applying pressure on the Interpol. But as things stand, I have no reason to believe that Interpol will succumb to any kind of undue pressure,” he said.

Naik, said to be in Malaysia at present, has been under investigation since 2016, when the Centre banned his Islamic Research Foundation (IRF) for five years.

He is being probed by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) on several charges under the Indian Penal Code and the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA).

The preacher, declared a proclaimed offender by a special NIA court here in June 2017, is accused of inciting youth to take up terror activities, giving hate speeches and promoting enmity between communities.

The NIA filed a charge sheet against Naik and others before a Mumbai court in October 2017.

Previous Post

Mirwaiz, Bilal Lone visit Yasin Malik’s residence

Next Post

Afghan official says Taliban ambush police convoy, kill 9

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Next Post
Taliban launch attack on Afghan city, casualties: officials

Afghan official says Taliban ambush police convoy, kill 9

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ePaper

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.