• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, February 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home BUSINESS

Lenders hopeful of successful bids for grounded Jet Airways

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
April 19, 2019
in BUSINESS
A A
0
Saloora, Wani join PDP along with hundreds of supporters
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi, Apr 18: A day after Jet Airways suspended all its flights after running out of money, lenders to the carrier Thursday said they were “reasonably hopeful” that bidding process for the airline will end successfully.

Lenders led by the State Bank of India had declined to extend more funds to Jet, forcing it to suspend all its flights.

More News

PM Modi, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince commend two-way investment flows

PM’s speech translated real time in sign language through AI technology at AI Summit

Allocations for women and children up by 11.55% in Budget: Govt

Load More

“The lenders after due deliberations decided that the best way forward for the survival of Jet Airways is to get the binding bids from potential investors who have expressed EOI (Expression of Interest) and have been issued bid documents on April 16,” a statement by lenders said.

A consortium of 26 lenders led by the SBI, with 51 per cent stake in the debt-trapped airline, has invited bids from potential suitors.

“Lenders are reasonably hopeful that the bid process is likely to be successful in determining the fair value of the enterprise in a transparent manner,” it said.

Banks on Wednesday rejected an immediate Rs 400 crore demand of Jet Airways, compelling it to ground operations.

Jet had been, over the last few months, on a decline as competition from budget airlines hurt its profitability and led to a debt pile. It reported losses for four straight quarters despite sales holding up.

At its peak, Jet operated 123 planes and over 600 daily flights. It was flying just seven planes on Tuesday.

Its chief executive officer Vinay Dube on Wednesday wrote an email to airlines’ passengers saying “with deep sadness and with a heavy heart that we would like to share with you that, effective immediately, Jet Airways will be suspending all its domestic and international operations”.

“Tuesday night, we were informed by SBI, on behalf of the consortium of Indian lenders, that they are unable to consider our request for interim funding. Since no emergency funding from the lenders or any other source of funding was forthcoming, it would therefore not have been possible for us to pay for fuel or other critical services to keep the operations going,” he wrote.

He said the airline had over the last several weeks and months tried “every means possible” to seek funding, both interim as well as long term funding, to keep our operations going. “Unfortunately, despite the very best of our efforts, we have been left with no other choice today”.

“A decision like this is never easy to make, but without the interim funding, which we have been repeatedly requesting for, we are simply unable to conduct flight operations in a manner that delivers to the very reasonable expectations of our guests, employees, partners and service providers,” he wrote.

“After 25 years of sharing the Joy of Flying with Indian and international guests, Jet Airways and its Board of Directors have been forced to take this extreme measure, as prolonged and sustained efforts with lenders and authorities to ensure the sustainability of the airline did not yield the desired results.”

He, however, said the future provides new hope and opportunity as India is better off with a flying Jet Airways.

“We will now await the bid finalization process by SBI and the consortium of Indian lenders and will continue to support the bid process initiated by the lenders,” he added.

Passengers who had booked on Jet for travel on future dates will get a refund. “We sincerely and profusely apologise for the disruption to your travel plans. We would like to thank you for your continued patronage, support and loyalty over the years. We are hopeful that we will be able to bring the Joy of Flying back to you soon,” he added.

Previous Post

14 passengers, including Navy personnel,  shot dead after being offloaded from buses in Pak

Next Post

Army holds interaction with ex-servicemen

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

PM Modi, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince commend two-way investment flows

PM Modi, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince commend two-way investment flows
February 19, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Khaled bin Mohamed bin Zayed Al...

Read moreDetails

PM’s speech translated real time in sign language through AI technology at AI Summit

Take part in ‘Your Money, Your Right’ movement: PM Modi
February 19, 2026

New Delhi:  India's strides in artificial intelligence were showcased during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's speech at the AI Impact Summit...

Read moreDetails

Allocations for women and children up by 11.55% in Budget: Govt

Allocations for women and children up by 11.55% in Budget: Govt
February 19, 2026

New Delhi:  Allocation for women and girls under various schemes has increased by 11.55 per cent to Rs 5.01 lakh...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi meets Google CEO, discusses AI collaborations

Pahalgam terror attack: PM Modi steps up diplomatic offensive against Pak
February 19, 2026

New Delhi:  Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday had a meeting with Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google and its parent...

Read moreDetails

India AI Impact Expo powerful convergence of ideas, innovation, intent: PM Modi

   PM Modi pitches for ‘swadeshi’ goods
February 17, 2026

New Delhi: India AI Impact Expo 2026 was a powerful convergence of ideas, innovation and intent, Prime Minister Narendra Modi...

Read moreDetails

Farmers’ interests safeguarded in India-US trade deal: Shivraj Singh Chouhan

Centre to set up Clean Plant facility to provide disease-resistant plants to horticulturists in Kashmir
February 17, 2026

Jaipur:  Union Agriculture Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Tuesday said the recent India-US trade deal was finalised after careful consideration...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Saloora, Wani join PDP along with hundreds of supporters

Army holds interaction with ex-servicemen

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.