• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, February 22, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

 Smith, Warner got away with murder: Ambrose

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
April 12, 2019
in SPORTS
A A
0
 Smith, Warner got away with murder: Ambrose
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

MELBOURNE: The Australian duo of Steve Smith and David Warner “got away with murder” and should have been banned for two years for their roles in the ball-tampering scandal, feels West Indies pace legend Curtly Ambrose.

Former captain Smith and his deputy Warner were handed a one-year ban by Cricket Australia for their role in trying to rough up one side of the ball with sandpaper during the third Test against South Africa at Cape Town in March last year.

More News

Organisers of Winter Games made clean energy a priority, here’s how they did it

Radha Yadav’s all-round brilliance takes India A to Women’s Rising Stars Asia Cup final

Chinar Open Winter Games 2026 conclude in Gulmarg, 660 youth participate

Load More

The duo are currently playing in the Indian Premier League after their ban period ended on March 29.

While Smith and Warner are trying to get their place back in the Australian squad for this year’s World Cup and Ashes tour, Ambrose feels they should have been banned for one more year.

“When you break the law like that you should be punished,” Ambrose, only one of the 15 bowlers in history to record more than 400 Test wickets, told Fox Sports.

“I honestly thought they got away with murder. A year was a little bit (lenient). I would have said two years just to send a message because it was stupid really.”

The 55-year-old from Antigua, however, hoped that the duo can make it to the Australian team for the World Cup.

“I believe they will never do it again,” he said.

“I just hope that all of Australia supports them and I hope that they go to the World Cup because they’ll make the team stronger.”

Previous Post

Ownership of life, term insurance lower among women compared to men: Survey

Next Post

I&B Ministry asks Prasar Bharati to ensure level-playing field for all parties after EC directive

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Organisers of Winter Games made clean energy a priority, here’s how they did it

Organisers of Winter Games made clean energy a priority, here’s how they did it
February 20, 2026

CORTINA D’AMPEZZO, Italy:  It takes an immense amount of energy to power venues and make snow for the Winter Olympics...

Read moreDetails

Radha Yadav’s all-round brilliance takes India A to Women’s Rising Stars Asia Cup final

Radha Yadav’s all-round brilliance takes India A to Women’s Rising Stars Asia Cup final
February 20, 2026

Bangkok: Skipper Radha Yadav produced an excellent all-round effort to power India A into the final of the Women's Rising...

Read moreDetails

Chinar Open Winter Games 2026 conclude in Gulmarg, 660 youth participate

February 20, 2026

Srinagar: The Chinar Open Winter Games 2026, a flagship initiative of the Indian Army, concluded successfully at the snow-covered slopes...

Read moreDetails

Bennett, Raza power Zimbabwe to 6-wicket win over Sri Lanka

Bennett, Raza power Zimbabwe to 6-wicket win over Sri Lanka
February 19, 2026

Colombo:  Brian Bennett’s measured fifty and Sikandar Raza’s raw power propelled Zimbabwe to a facile six-wicket win over a fancied...

Read moreDetails

  West Indies brush aside Italy by 42 runs to sign off group stage on high note

Hetmyer fifty, Shepherd five-for power Windies to easy win over Scotland
February 19, 2026

Kolkata: Skipper Shai Hope's second consecutive fifty and a disciplined performance by bowlers powered West Indies to a comfortable 42-run...

Read moreDetails

India need to tackle top-order predictability and finger spin struggles going into Super8s

February 19, 2026

Ahmedabad:  India's assistant coach Ryan ten Doeschate has acknowledged two pressing issues facing the team heading into the Super 8s...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
I&B Ministry asks Prasar Bharati to ensure level-playing field for all parties after EC directive

I&B Ministry asks Prasar Bharati to ensure level-playing field for all parties after EC directive

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.