• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, February 16, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Pak will not allow its soil to be used for terrorism against any state, including India: Qureshi

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
March 3, 2019
in NATION
A A
0
Pak will not allow its soil to be used for terrorism against any state, including India: Qureshi
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Islamabad, Mar 2 :  Pakistan will not allow its soil to be used for terrorism against any state, including India, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi said on Saturday as he claimed that the “nerve centre” of the Jaish-e-Mohammad militant group has been taken over by the government.

India on Wednesday handed over to Pakistan a dossier on “specific details” of involvement of the JeM in the Pulwama suicide attack on CRPF as also the presence of camps of the UN-proscribed outfit in that country.

More News

Exclusive Interview of Prime Minister Narendra Modi with PTI | Q&A

Budget shunned populism, bets on capex to power jobs and growth: PM Modi

Women to play most important role in creating Viksit Bharat: PM

Load More

“India submitted its dossier…, if India wants to conduct talks on this, then we are ready for it,” Qureshi said.

He said that there is a new government with a new mindset and a new approach in Pakistan and its policies are very clear.

“We will not allow Pakistani soil to be used by any group or any organisation for terrorist activities against any state, including India,” Qureshi was quoted as saying by the BBC.

Qureshi’s remarks came amid heightened tensions between India and Pakistan after the February 14 suicide attack by Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) in Pulwama that left 49 CRPF personnel dead. The JeM claimed responsibility for the attack.

However, Qureshi said that there was “still confusion” over whether the JeM had claimed responsibility for the attack or not.

“The confusion is (that) the leadership (of JeM) when contacted, said no,” he said. “They have denied that, that’s the confusion.”

When questioned who contacted the JeM leadership, Qureshi said, “people over here, and the people who are known to them.”

In a separate interview to CNN, Qureshi earlier admitted that JeM chief Masood Azhar is in Pakistan and is “very unwell”, but said the government can act against him only if India presents “solid” and “inalienable” evidence that can stand in a court of law.

“He is in Pakistan, according to my information. He is unwell to the extent that he can’t leave his house, because he’s really unwell,” Qureshi said.

His remarks came days after the powerful UN Security Council comprising 15 nations, including Pakistan’s key ally China, named JeM in a statement condemning in the “strongest terms” the “heinous and cowardly” attack perpetrated by the militant group in Pulwama and stressed on the need to hold organisers and financiers of such “reprehensible acts” accountable and bring them to justice.

In his interview to the British broadcaster, Qureshi said that the Punjab province government has taken over the “so-called nerve centre” of the JeM in Bahawalpur.

He was referring to the provincial government’s move to take over the control of a campus comprising Madressatul Sabir and Jama-e-Masjid Subhanallah in Bahawalpur, 400-km from Lahore, last month.

“India should give actionable evidence so a case can be prepared on those grounds,” he said, adding that Pakistani courts are autonomous, and evidence is needed to pursue a case.

“We had stated that India should give us actionable evidence so we could act, we had assured India that we would cooperate,” he asserted.

Elaborating on the prevailing situation, Qureshi said Pakistan’s new government has brought a new approach, conflicts can only be resolved through dialogue.

He said that the “situation is critical still, both countries’ armed forces are still on high alert”.

“We are nuclear-armed neighbours, can we afford a war? This is suicide,” he said.

He said that at this point of time, Islamabad want to bring the situation under control, adding that, “a section of the Indian media is behaving in very irresponsible manner by engaging in warmongering.”

Qureshi made the comments after Pakistan released captured IAF pilot Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman as a “peace gesture”.

Varthaman, who was in Pakistan’s custody since Wednesday, was released at the Wagah border on Friday.

Previous Post

Saurabh Bhagat reviews preparedness for launch of PM-SYM pension scheme

Next Post

US seeks information on potential misuse of F-16 by Pakistan

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Exclusive Interview of Prime Minister Narendra Modi with PTI | Q&A

Take part in ‘Your Money, Your Right’ movement: PM Modi
February 15, 2026

 On the trade deal QUESTION: In the last month or so, India’s global interaction has seen a sharp uptick in...

Read moreDetails

Budget shunned populism, bets on capex to power jobs and growth: PM Modi

Pahalgam terror attack: PM Modi steps up diplomatic offensive against Pak
February 15, 2026

New Delhi:  Calling productive spending a hallmark of his government, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said the just unveiled...

Read moreDetails

Women to play most important role in creating Viksit Bharat: PM

   PM Modi pitches for ‘swadeshi’ goods
February 15, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said women will play the most important role in creating Viksit Bharat...

Read moreDetails

Trade talks could never conclude under UPA rule due to its economic mismanagement: PM Modi

Post ceasefire, PM Modi chairs high-level meeting
February 15, 2026

New Delhi:  In a sharp take down of trade negotiations during the UPA government, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi urges India Inc. to step up investment push to drive next phase of growth

February 15, 2026

New Delhi:  With the government having done much of the heavy lifting through an aggressive capex push in recent years,...

Read moreDetails

Rahul Gandhi spreading lies over India’s trade deals with US, EU; farmers fully protected: Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
February 15, 2026

Gandhinagar: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Sunday accused Congress leader Rahul Gandhi of spreading "lies" and misleading farmers over...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
US seeks information on potential misuse of F-16 by Pakistan

US seeks information on potential misuse of F-16 by Pakistan

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.