• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, November 29, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

HC dismisses Bar petition for probe into two alleged ‘fake encounters’

Rashid Paul by Rashid Paul
February 28, 2019
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
HC seeks details of officials involved in Handwara Water Supply scam
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar, Feb 27: The High Court on Wednesday dismissed a petition by High Court Bar Association (HCBA) seeking impartial probe into two alleged fake encounter incidents in Kupwara and Srinagar in 2016.

The petitioner prayed for a probe and its monitoring into the incidents that occurred on 21st and 23rd of May, 2016 at Chak Dragmulla, Kupwara, and Sarai Bala, respectively.

More News

Modi govt will permanently solve Nexalism, North East and J&K: Amit Shah

Minimum temperature drops to -4.5 deg C in Srinagar

LG urges poets to create strong national identity, social cohesion through their expression

Load More

The petitioner quoting newspaper reports rejected the official claims that militants were killed in encounters by state government forces and suggested that the incidents were “stage-managed encounters”.

Citing locals at Dragmulla, Kupwara, the petition said “the militants had been killed five to six days before in the actual incident and were brought to the village to show that they were killed in an encounter”.

With regard to incident at Sarai Bala, Srinagar, where two youths were killed by state forces, the HCBA petition quoting Mst. Raja Begum, the landlady where the two youth were residing on rent, also contested the official version about the incident.

“The two slain youth were not militants, but students who could speak in Kashmiri and only carried books and clothes with them,” it said.

It contended that the family members of the house, where the two youth were residing on rent, stated that “they were taking dinner when the cops of the Special Operation Group of J&K Police entered their house on late Monday evening and asked them to come out and show them the way upstairs. When they went upstairs, there was sudden firing.

“Thereafter, both the students were arrested first and later killed; one of them in the room and the other on road,” alleged the petition.

The respondent Union of India told the court that based on a specific input about the presence of five “terrorists” in a house in village Chak Drugmulla, a joint operation was lunched, resulting in elimination of five foreign militants.

The Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), Kupwara, also stated that the forces launched an operation at the house where the militants had taken refuge. The house was brought to ground and bodies of five unidentified militants were recovered from the spot along with arms and ammunition.

“A magisterial enquiry has opined that the security forces responded swiftly and conducted the operation gallantly in such a congested populated area,” said the SSP.

In its objections with regard to incident at Srinagar, the government said that two unknown Jaesh-e-Mohammad militants were killed in an “accurate encounter” and an investigation is also going on into the incident.

After hearing both sides, the court asked “if a probe and investigation is allowed at this stage, what would be the function of the authority sought to be appointed.”

“Would it supervise the investigation or conduct a parallel investigation, that too, with the aid of a team of police officers,” it said.

It said both these propositions are impracticable and impermissible and that the court has no reason to suspect police.

“Even if, for the sake of argument, a probe is ordered, any report that may ultimately be made by such authority would not be more than a recommendation. And such authority, for formulation of such recommendation, would again be dependent upon the very same police agency,” observed the division bench of the court comprising Justices A M Magrey and Sanjeev Kumar.

Previous Post

I-T Dept searches premises of ‘head of prominent org’ in Kashmir, Delhi in ‘terror financing’ case

Next Post

7 die as Army chopper crashes in Budgam

Rashid Paul

Rashid Paul

Rashid Paul is  Associate Editor at Kashmir Images. He can be reached at rashidpaul@gmail.com

Related Posts

Modi govt will permanently solve Nexalism, North East and J&K: Amit Shah

Modi govt will permanently solve Nexalism, North East and J&K: Amit Shah
by Images News Netwok
November 29, 2025

Raipur: Union Home Minister and Minister of Cooperation Amit Shah today inaugurated the three-day 60th DGsP/IGsP Conference in Raipur, Chhattisgarh...

Read moreDetails

Minimum temperature drops to -4.5 deg C in Srinagar

MeT predicts dry weather in Kashmir
by Images News Netwok
November 29, 2025

Srinagar: Kashmir is experiencing its coldest November since 2007, with minimum temperatures dipping below the freezing point across several locations,...

Read moreDetails

LG urges poets to create strong national identity, social cohesion through their expression

LG Sinha summons J&K Assembly session from October 23
by KI News
November 29, 2025

Jammu: “Poets and writers must strengthen the unity, counter secessionist attempts to divide and radicalise youth in Kashmir valley,” the...

Read moreDetails

Use of bulldozers by Raj Bhavan part of “conspiracy” to “malign” elected government: CM

Use of bulldozers by Raj Bhavan part of “conspiracy” to “malign” elected government: CM
by Images News Netwok
November 29, 2025

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Friday hit out at the Lieutenant Governor administration, claiming that arbitrary transfers and the use...

Read moreDetails

Hindu neighbour offers to gift land parcel after Muslim journalist’s family loses home in Jammu demolition drive

Hindu neighbour offers to gift land parcel after Muslim journalist’s family loses home in Jammu demolition drive
by Press Trust of india
November 29, 2025

Jammu: A day after the Jammu Development Authority (JDA) demolished a house belonging to the father of a journalist during...

Read moreDetails

Mufti hits out at NC govt over demolition of journalist’s house in Jammu

Mehbooba questions ban on over 30 TV channels
by KI News
November 29, 2025

Srinagar: Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chief Mehbooba Mufti criticised the demolition of a house of a journalist by the authorities...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
7 die as Army chopper crashes in Budgam

7 die as Army chopper crashes in Budgam

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.