• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Pak govt refuses to remove names of Sharif, daughter, son-in-law from Exit Control List

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
February 10, 2019
in NATION
A A
0
Sharif, his daughter and son-in-law granted parole, reach Lahore to attend Kulsoom’s funeral
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Islamabad, Feb 9: The Pakistan government on Saturday rejected prime minister Nawaz Sharif, his daughter and son-in-law’s requests seeking removal of their names from the Exit Control List (ECL), which is preventing them from flying abroad.

In October last year, Sharif, his daughter Maryam and son-in-law Mohammad Safdar had separately applied to the Interior Ministry seeking removal of their names from the ECL, the Geo News reported.

More News

Protect vulnerable, make people aware of cyber criminals’ modus operandi: SC to Centre

Your decisions can shape India’s emergence as a stronger trading partner: President to probationers

Naxal violence to be vanquished by March 2026; Centre resolved to stop infiltrators: HM

Load More

In their petitions, the trio argued that the Exit From Pakistan Rules 2010 did not apply to them as they were not involved in corruption, misuse of authority, terrorism or any conspiracy and thus their names should be removed from ECL.

The Ministry of Interior rejected the petitions of Nawaz, Maryam and Capt (retd) Safdar, the report said quoting sources.

The decision to place the names of the Sharif family on ECL was taken on August 20 last year during a cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan.

In July 2018, an accountability court in Islamabad convicted Sharif, Maryam and Safdar in the Avenfield properties case and sentenced them to prison terms of 11 years, eight years and one year, respectively.

On September 19, Sharif, Maryam and Safdar were released from jail after the Islamabad High Court suspended their sentences in the Avenfield case.

In December last year, the Accountability Court in Islamabad sentenced 69-year-old Sharif to seven years of rigorous imprisonment in the Al-Azizia Steel Mills graft case, but acquitted him in the Flagship Investments case. The former premier is serving the jail term in Kot Lakhpat prison since then.

Previous Post

PDP dissolves all its Jammu Province committees

Next Post

Airlines made pilgrims suffer: Pvt Tour Operators

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Protect vulnerable, make people aware of cyber criminals’ modus operandi: SC to Centre

SC says will consider listing of pleas challenging abrogation of Article 370
February 16, 2026

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday said the government must make aware, compensate and try to protect vulnerable people...

Read moreDetails

Your decisions can shape India’s emergence as a stronger trading partner: President to probationers

President on 2-day J&K visit from Wednesday
February 16, 2026

New Delhi: Underscoring the time of profound global transformation when new rules are reshaping interaction among nations, President Droupadi Murmu...

Read moreDetails

Naxal violence to be vanquished by March 2026; Centre resolved to stop infiltrators: HM

Anti-drone system to be deployed along international border, says HM Amit Shah
February 16, 2026

New Delhi:  Union Home Minister Amit Shah asserted on Monday that the Naxal violence in several states is breathing its...

Read moreDetails

Exclusive Interview of Prime Minister Narendra Modi with PTI | Q&A

Take part in ‘Your Money, Your Right’ movement: PM Modi
February 15, 2026

 On the trade deal QUESTION: In the last month or so, India’s global interaction has seen a sharp uptick in...

Read moreDetails

Budget shunned populism, bets on capex to power jobs and growth: PM Modi

Pahalgam terror attack: PM Modi steps up diplomatic offensive against Pak
February 15, 2026

New Delhi:  Calling productive spending a hallmark of his government, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said the just unveiled...

Read moreDetails

Women to play most important role in creating Viksit Bharat: PM

   PM Modi pitches for ‘swadeshi’ goods
February 15, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said women will play the most important role in creating Viksit Bharat...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
No more baggage identification by passengers on JK airports

Airlines made pilgrims suffer: Pvt Tour Operators

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.