• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 30, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Govt reviewing surrender-cum-rehabilitation policy for militants: Guv’s advisor

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
February 6, 2019
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Govt reviewing surrender-cum-rehabilitation policy for militants: Guv’s advisor
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Jammu, Feb 05: The surrender-cum-rehabilitation policy for militants is under review and the Centre will be consulted before putting it in public domain, K Vijay Kumar, Advisor to Governor, said Tuesday.

He said the government is revisiting and reviewing the policy on the advice of Governor Satya Pal Malik.

Related posts

Lieutenant Governor Greets People on Independence Day

LG sets up 3-member panel to inquire into recent landslide on Vaishno Devi route

August 30, 2025
BJP broke alliance with PDP over discrimination against Jammu: MoS PMO

Illegal mining, encroachments aggravating landslides: Jitendra Singh

August 30, 2025

“The surrender policy has already been there in various formats and the governor has advised us to have a look at the policy and put up a draft,” Kumar told reporters on the sidelines of 19th All India Police Band Competition at Gulshan Ground here.

Responding to a question about the surrender-cum-rehabilitation policy for militants, he said once the draft is completed the Governor would have a look at it and consult the Centre before putting it in public domain.

“I do not want to comment whether it is a rehash or a new policy… It will be looked at with all seriousness and already director general of police, home secretary, chief secretary and myself are looking at it and we will be placing it before the governor,” Kumar said.

Militancy incidents see rise in J&K in 2018: MoS Home

New Delhi, Feb 5 (PTI) Jammu and Kashmir witnessed the maximum number of militancy incidents in 2018 as compared to the four years before that, the government told the Parliament Tuesday.

Minister of State for Home Hansraj G Ahir furnished a statement in the Lok Sabha on a question related to details of militant, insurgent and extremist incidents that took place in the country between 2014 and 2018.

The reply said a total of 614 militancy incidents took place last year in Jammu and Kashmir that led to the killing of a maximum of 91 government forces’ personnel and 257 militants over a five-year period. In these incidents in 2018, 38 civilians were also killed, Ahir said.

The comparative figures for 2017 were 342 militancy incidents that led to the killing of 40 civilians, 80 forces’ personnel and 213 militants.

Previous Post

Mehbooba demands action against Army officer for ‘torturing’ Pulwama man

Next Post

Fresh snowfall closes Jammu-Srinagar highway

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Next Post
Prelude to winter in Kashmir…

Fresh snowfall closes Jammu-Srinagar highway

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ePaper

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.