• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, May 22, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Dilip Kumar, Saira Banu send defamation notice to builder

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
January 5, 2019
in NATION
A A
0
Dilip Kumar, Saira Banu send defamation notice to builder
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Mumbai, Jan 4 :  Veteran actor Dilip Kumar and his wife Saira Banu have sent a defamation notice to builder Sameer Bhojwani for making false claims of ownership to their Rs 250-crore property in suburban Bandra.

In the notice, they have sought an apology from Bhojwani and Rs 200 crore in damages for defaming them in public with their statements.

More News

Cong’s patronage to infiltrators is ‘gaddari’: Piyush Goyal hits back at Rahul’s ‘traitors’ remark

India abstains on UNGA resolution on ICJ climate opinion

India-Africa Forum summit postponed

Load More

Kumar and Banu had in January 2018 lodged a police complaint, accusing Bhojwani of forging title documents of their bungalow worth Rs 250 crore located in Pali Hill area of the upmarket suburb.

On December 21, 2018, Bhojwani had issued a public notice claiming he was the “rightful owner” of the said property.

He had further claimed the 96-year-old thespian was only a “lessee” of the property.

Taking objection to this, Kumar and his actress-wife on December 31, 2018, sent a defamation notice to Bhojwani for misleading the public with false and defamatory statements.

“Bhojwani has damaged the reputation of Dilip Kumar and Saira Banu in public by making false and defamatory statement against them,” said the notice sent to Bhojwani by the star couple’s advocate Chirag Shah.

“On the basis of forged and fabricated documents, Bhojwani is claiming ownership of a property, originally owned by Dilip Kumar and Saira Banu,” the notice said.

It added the actor had already filed an FIR with the city police’s Economic Offences Wing (EOW) against Bhojwani and others for criminal conspiracy, cheating and forgery.

“Dilip Kumar and Saira Banu are the legitimate owners of the property situated at Pali Hill in Bandra and have acquired the same in September 1953,” the notice said.

The notice further maintained the chargesheet filed by the police in the case against Bhojwani stated that the realtor had claimed ownership of the property on the basis of forged documents.

“Bhojwani issued the public notice on December 21, 2018 with a criminal intention to grab/encroach the legitimate rights of Dilip Kumar and Saira Banu by creating a perception in public that he (Bhojwani) is the owner of the property,” it said.

Previous Post

Secy Agriculture reviews preparedness for “Silk Samagra” workshop

Next Post

NIA arrests 21-year-old for supplying weapons to suspected ISIS-inspired group

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Cong’s patronage to infiltrators is ‘gaddari’: Piyush Goyal hits back at Rahul’s ‘traitors’ remark

Govt to expedite filling top vacancies in public banks: Goyal
May 21, 2026

New Delhi: Union minister Piyush Goyal on Thursday said Prime Minister Narendra Modi's five-nation tour has yielded "concrete outcomes" for...

Read moreDetails

India abstains on UNGA resolution on ICJ climate opinion

UNGA adopts by consensus resolution introduced by India to establish memorial wall to honour fallen peacekeepers
May 21, 2026

United Nations: India abstained from voting on a UN General Assembly resolution calling on countries to comply with their obligations...

Read moreDetails

India-Africa Forum summit postponed

KU postpones all exams scheduled on April 2,  suspend classwork
May 21, 2026

  New Delhi, May 21 (PTI) India and the African Union have decided to postpone the India-Africa Forum summit, scheduled...

Read moreDetails

Modi making reels in Italy, while our youth tormented by paper leaks: Rahul Gandhi

May 21, 2026

New Delhi: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Thursday attacked Prime Minister Narendra Modi over the NEET-UG paper leak and said...

Read moreDetails

India and Italy agree to elevate ties to special strategic partnership

India and Italy agree to elevate ties to special strategic partnership
May 20, 2026

Rome:  India and Italy on Tuesday decided to elevate their ties to special strategic partnership and enhance cooperation in areas...

Read moreDetails

NEET paper leak: Court sends 5 accused to judicial custody, extends CBI custody of Khairnar

City court convicts 2 persons in acid attack case
May 20, 2026

New Delhi:  A Delhi court on Wednesday sent five accused in the NEET paper leak case to judicial custody till...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
NIA arrests 21-year-old for supplying weapons to suspected ISIS-inspired group

NIA arrests 21-year-old for supplying weapons to suspected ISIS-inspired group

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.