• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Thursday, February 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home CITY & TOWNS

Started in Nov, Budgam-Srinagar cab service via Bemina vanishes in one month

Abid Hussain by Abid Hussain
January 3, 2019
in CITY & TOWNS
A A
0
Started in Nov, Budgam-Srinagar cab service via Bemina vanishes in one month

Representational pic

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp
Representational pic

Budgam, Jan 02: Inaugurated with much fanfare in the last week of November 2018 by Regional Transport Officer Kashmir (RTO) and concerned Assistant Regional Transport Officer (ARTO), the Budgam-Srinagar cab service via Bemina, has disappeared from the route in just a month.

After the light motor vehicle service for passengers was kick started, commuters thanked concerned authorities for accepting their long-pending demand. However, today same people are up in arms against officials for not making it a success.

More News

Key road projects undertaken to decongest traffic in Srinagar: Deputy CM

219 ventilators lying defunct in 10 GMCs, SKIMS: Govt

GMC Anantnag receives nod for superspeciality course in cardiology

Load More

“The transport department has failed to keep vigil on the service which resulted into its end within a span of 30 days,” commuters said.

Initially, 12 vehicles (Sumo/Tavera) were plying on the route with six each from Budgam and Srinagar. According to ARTO the number was supposed to increase as per the requirement, but today not even a single cab is seen on the route.

Sources said that among 12 vehicles, six having lack of documentation, were seized by traffic police which forced service operators to cease its operation.

“Sumo owners had to pay a hefty amount to get their vehicles released. Now they aren’t ready to operate on this route,” they said.

Besides official apathy, the commuters opined that there could be a nexus between mini-bus and sumo stand operators to benefit the former.

Read Also: Cab service begins on Budgam-Srinagar route, commuters relieved

Meanwhile, Budgam ARTO Mubashir Jan said that three cabs are operating from Budgam. He added that vehicles are not allowed to stop in Srinagar and they are being challaned without any reason.

Admitting that sumo drivers are facing problems in Srinagar, RTO Kashmir Ikramullah Tak said, “As per the directions of High Court, no sumo can enter Srinagar city.” Tak said that the issue would be sorted out in few days.

Pertinently, the 8-Km Budgam-Bemina road is the shortest route to Srinagar and its major hospitals.

Previous Post

Three residential houses, six shops gutted in old town Baramulla

Next Post

JKLF zonal organizer booked under PSA, shifted to Kot-Balwal

Abid Hussain

Abid Hussain

Related Posts

Key road projects undertaken to decongest traffic in Srinagar: Deputy CM

Govt to examine R&B sub-division for Ajas; infrastructure proposals, road quality issues discussed in House
February 19, 2026

Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has undertaken various key road projects and corridor developments to improve traffic flow across...

Read moreDetails

219 ventilators lying defunct in 10 GMCs, SKIMS: Govt

Drug De-addiction rules near finalization: Health Minister
February 19, 2026

Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Thursday said 219 ventilators are lying defunct in 10 government medical colleges and...

Read moreDetails

GMC Anantnag receives nod for superspeciality course in cardiology

J&K to launch cancer control plan, strengthen healthcare infrastructure
February 19, 2026

Jammu: The Government Medical College-Anantnag has become the first newly established institution in the region to receive approval to start...

Read moreDetails

Delimitation of Panchayat Halqas after completion of Census exercise: Minister

Govt examining proposal to notify new tourism areas in J&K: Javid Ahmad Dar
February 19, 2026

JAMMU: Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj departments, Javid Ahmad Dar, today informed the House that the government of...

Read moreDetails

Govt to establish two Industrial Estates in Pattan: Dy CM Choudhary

February 19, 2026

JAMMU: Deputy Chief Minister, Surinder Choudhary today said that two industrial estates are being established in Pattan Constituency of Baramulla...

Read moreDetails

Govt focuses on faculty, infra augmentation in operational offsite campuses of JU: Sakeena Itoo

February 19, 2026

JAMMU: Minister for Education, Sakeena Itoo, today said that the government is focusing on augmentation of infrastructure and faculty in...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Srinagar police arrests 9 gamblers

JKLF zonal organizer booked under PSA, shifted to Kot-Balwal

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.