• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Smith, Warner bans to stand: Cricket Australia

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
November 21, 2018
in SPORTS
A A
0
Smith, Warner bans to stand: Cricket Australia
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Brisbane, Nov 20 :  Cricket Australia announced on Tuesday that the year-long bans handed out to Steve Smith and David Warner after the ball tampering fiasco in South Africa in March, will stand.

In recent days, owing in no small measure to the Australian team’s poor on-field performances, there had been a growing clamour for the bans to be reduced in length.

More News

Nissanka special takes Sri lanka into Super Eights

Arif Mohammad Khan finishes 39th in men’s slalom event in Winter Olympics

Jacks’ all-round brilliance seals Super Eights berth for England down Italy by 24 runs

Load More

It would have allowed the duo as well as batsman Cameron Bancroft, who was given a nine-month ban, to return to competitive cricket earlier than stipulated.

The Australian Cricketers’ Association (ACA) had made a submission in this regard, to which Cricket Australia responded in negative.

“The Cricket Australia Board has carefully considered all elements of the ACA submission and has determined that it is not appropriate to make any changes to the sanctions handed down to the three players,” interim chairman Earl Eddings said in a statement.

The Australian Cricketers’ Association had asked for a rethink on the suspension sentences of the trio following the Longstaff review, which the ACA said provided new and compelling evidence that CA – and not just the players involved – contributed to the atmosphere that prompted the events of the Cape Town Test in March.

With India set to play Australia in a long series, including four-Tests and considering the hosts recent run of losses, there were prompt calls to bring back Smith and Warner before the contests against the visitors.

Smith and Warner are eight months into their one-year bans, while Bancroft will be eligible to return in December.

The trio were banned for their role in the ball tampering scandal that rocked Australian cricket in March.

Previous Post

Farooq Shah inaugurates advocacy workshop on water sanitation

Next Post

Learn to question status quo

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Nissanka special takes Sri lanka into Super Eights

Nissanka special takes Sri lanka into Super Eights
February 16, 2026

Pallekele (Sri Lanka):  Opener Pathum Nissanka on Monday turned a tricky chase into a walk in the park, his belligerent...

Read moreDetails

Arif Mohammad Khan finishes 39th in men’s slalom event in Winter Olympics

Arif Mohammad Khan finishes 39th in men’s slalom event in Winter Olympics
February 16, 2026

Bormio (Italy):  India's top alpine skier Arif Mohammad Khan finished 39th in the men's slalom event after two combined runs...

Read moreDetails

Jacks’ all-round brilliance seals Super Eights berth for England down Italy by 24 runs

Jacks’ all-round brilliance seals Super Eights berth for England down Italy by 24 runs
February 16, 2026

Kolkata:  Will Jacks delivered a fiery all-round performance as England overcame a spirited Italian fightback to beat them by 24...

Read moreDetails

Shami grabs three but J&K need 131 more to take first innings lead

February 16, 2026

Kalyani (WB):  Mohammed Shami on Monday bowled a couple of incisive spells to get three wickets but Jammu and Kashmir...

Read moreDetails

Lone female on grid, 11-year-old Atiqa Mir punches above weight after big move up the WSK ladder

February 16, 2026

Sarno (Italy): Having made a voluntary switch from the mini to a much more demanding junior category, 11-year-old Indian racing...

Read moreDetails

Baramulla Admin, NHPC sign MoU to upgrade sports infrastructure

February 16, 2026

Baramulla: In a move aimed at strengthening sports facilities in the district, the District Administration Baramulla on Monday signed a...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Medical Mafia

Learn to question status quo

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.