• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Haj 2019 application process to start from Thursday

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
October 18, 2018
in Latest News, TOP NEWS
A A
0
GoI announces reduction in airfare for Hajj
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi, Oct 17 : The applications for the next year’s Haj pilgrimage will be accepted online from Thursday and the process will be fully digital, the Haj Committee of India announced Wednesday.

Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said the pilgrimage will be completely free of subsidy.

More News

Meghwal hints at early decision on J&K statehood issue

Justice delayed is justice denied: CM Omar

BJP’s MLA says will withdraw remarks if found against any community

Load More

The subsidy was scrapped by the Union government earlier this year.

The Haj Committee of India, which makes arrangements for the annual Haj pilgrimage to Mecca for devotees from the country, is a statutory body of the Minority Affairs Ministry.

Speaking at the Central Haj House here, Naqvi said the online application process for the Haj 2019 will start from October 18 and end on November 17.

The early start will ensure a smoother process and better facilities for pilgrims, he said.

The process of tender for choosing airlines to carry the pilgrims will be completed by November, and the accommodation-related process in Mecca and Medina will be completed by December-January, Naqvi said.

“Accommodation rates in Saudi Arabia will be the same as 2018,” the minister assured.

“This year (for 2019 Haj), we have 21 embarkation points, the latest (to be added) being the Calicut airport,” he said.

Naqvi said the pilgrims will be able to board the flights for Saudi Arabia from the airport in their home state or from airports in adjacent states.

He said even after the removal of the subsidy, the Haj 2018 offered a better experience for the pilgrims.

“Elimination of middlemen and 100 percent online and transparent system ensured that even after removal of the Haj subsidy, there was no unnecessary financial burden on pilgrims,” Naqvi said. The fear that the pilgrimage would become costlier was allayed, he added.

Naqvi said the government has requested the Goods and Services Tax Council to consider the withdrawal of additional 3 percent tax on the Haj pilgrimage.

He said a record 1,75,025 Muslims from India performed Haj in 2018.

Naqvi also unfurled a Indian national flag installed on the terrace of the multi-storey Haj building, 350 feet above the ground level.

“It is the highest national flag installed atop a building at sea level in the country,” Naqvi said.

Previous Post

KEG condemns attack on journalists, demands action against guilty cops

Next Post

Rlys pitches for strategic line in Leh to be declared national project

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Meghwal hints at early decision on J&K statehood issue

Minister Meghwal pitches for mechanism to prioritise court cases involving defence personnel
February 17, 2026

Srinagar: Union Minister of State (I/C) for Law and Justice, Arjun Ram Meghwal, on Tuesday said that Jammu and Kashmir...

Read moreDetails

Justice delayed is justice denied: CM Omar

IWT caused long-term harm to J&K, suspension will restore water rights: CM Omar Abdullah
February 17, 2026

Srinagar: Underscoring the critical role of Tele-Law in easing pressure on courts and ensuring timely justice, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah...

Read moreDetails

BJP’s MLA says will withdraw remarks if found against any community

BJP MLA says people from Kashmir valley encroaching upon land in Jammu, triggers uproar in House
February 17, 2026

Jammu: BJP MLA Vikram Randhawa on Tuesday said that he would retract his words if he had made remarks against...

Read moreDetails

Over 17.27 lakh kanals of state land encroached in J&K, 14.29 lakh recovered: Govt informs house

J&K Assembly approves demand for grants of Rs 1,69,2 crore for six departments
February 17, 2026

Srinagar: The Government on Tuesday informed the House that over 17.27 lakh kanals of state land have been encroached across...

Read moreDetails

Remarks of BJP MLA against Kashmiris echo in House

Uproar in Assembly over CM’s remarks for 2nd consecutive day
February 17, 2026

Jammu: MLA Langate Sheikh Khursheed Ahmad on Tuesday raised the issue of remarks made by BJP MLA Vikram Randhawa, who...

Read moreDetails

DPR for Sadhna tunnel in Kupwara underway, Govt tells house

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
February 17, 2026

Srinagar: The Government of Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday informed the House that the Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Rlys pitches for strategic line in Leh to be declared national project

Rlys pitches for strategic line in Leh to be declared national project

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.